23 replies to this topic

#11 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

Very, very nice Milt! Such a great way to tell your story. Thanks!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#12 4llamas

4llamas

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSW Willamette Valley, Oregon

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:37 AM

Milt,
I am amazed how much description your few words carry when accompanied by a painting. My imagination is picked by every brush stroke.
Thank you so much.
JB

#13 milt

milt

The Artist

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Locationsebastopol, ca

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:24 PM

page15.jpg
The Telluride gondola is free. That evening at the campground I met a guy from Australia riding his bike from Canada down through the rockies to Arizona. I built an oak bike rack on the front of my truck and usually travel with a junker bike. I like riding in moderation. I usually go slow. I find that for me about 3 mph either biking, hiking, or kayaking is the speed that my brain can assimilate where I am.page16.jpg
So much emphasis in this culture on doing things. My contrary self is pretty content in just being

#14 milt

milt

The Artist

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Locationsebastopol, ca

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:35 PM

page17.jpg
Here's my old camper. It raises and lowers so there's less wind effect. I've had it for years, I paid $500 for it, and it serves me well.page18.jpg
Up on Mt. Evans there was a mama mountain sheep with a youngster next to the road. This is what they call the front range. When I get to Boulder I'll not draw every day but the trip continues.

#15 milt

milt

The Artist

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Locationsebastopol, ca

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:43 PM

page19.jpg
Riding the Boulder bikeways is a breeze with underpasses and creeks and even art. These guys were half done. They would use 4X8 sheets of reflective backed insulation boards to solar heat this north facing wall so the paint would stick.page20.jpg
It's reported that during the night mountain lions come down out of the hills to get at the deer right in town.

#16 milt

milt

The Artist

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Locationsebastopol, ca

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

page21.jpg
No big crowds here at this time of year.page22.jpg
We go to the library every couple of days. Twice a month I go to a get-together called Socrates Cafe and we talk about philosophy.

#17 milt

milt

The Artist

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Locationsebastopol, ca

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:55 PM

page23.jpg
Boulder is a very interesting community. People here are a hearty bunch. The trails up in the mountains are almost crowded. Only the prairie dogs are fat.page24.jpg
The winter continues, I'm flying home for a month to deal with things there and give the garden a little attention.

#18 milt

milt

The Artist

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Locationsebastopol, ca

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

page27.jpg
Living in Sonoma County is something to be thankful for.page29.jpg
The garden pretty much takes care of itself during the winters. The pond is spring fed and everything you see here is either natural or recycled.
I have to find a way to do some more scanning of drawings but I'll return.

#19 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Wonderful, milt!
I hope we see more of your trip reports here. :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#20 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:02 AM

Great stuff. Enjoyed your view of things.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users