• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 dorocks

dorocks

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationEl Cajon CA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Interesting. Saw this on a Northstar Camper page.

http://www.flickr.co...tream/lightbox/

Keith Barnes El Cajon CA 2021 Ram 3500 Diesel with 2016 Lance 650

#12 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

The Northstar I looked at had that. It was one of the items I missed giving up when I ordered my Raven. I didn't miss giving up the weight though

#13 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

Finally finished my gray water tank on my Hawk and Tundra. Do not have all the room of the larger trucks with my 2005 Tundra. As with most thing I had to do it twice.

First try. Tank fit by the elbow stuck out 1/2" too far :angry:
tank first try.jpg

Second try had to lower tank so it was lower than the wheel cut out. Tanks holds 3 gallons enough for a stop or two.
tank finished.jpg

I made the tank out of 4" PVC put caps on the end. Had to move the fill when I lowered the tank. All holes were drilled and tapped, I put epoxy on the threads and tighten then down.
tank tap.jpg

Sink stays attachecd to tank. Note how close to the camper the pvc had to be on the Tundra.
tank fill.jpg

See next post can only get 4 pictures on this post.

#14 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

I did not have enough room to run the drain between the camper and tail gate opening. Solved by running a 1/2" copper pipe through a hole I drilled to the side of the tail gate opening. Above is my fresh water drain.
tank drain.jpg

How close to the bed the fill needed to be
Tank fill barb.jpg

Vent hose
tank vent.jpg

Going to give it a try next week gong to Port Townsend WA.

Edit if I did this again I would attach the tank to the camper under the wheel cut out, there would be room on the Tundra. Would run the fill to the tank under the sink with a 3 way valve so you would not have a hose attached all the time. 3 way valve would allow you to still use the out side drain. Drain from tank would need to be run out the back of the camper behind the heater, this would take more work.

#15 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:35 PM

Clever! :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#16 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

Let me know if anyone needs some 4" PVC to build a tank. Had to buy 10 feet and only used 55 inches. Free to anyone who can pick up in Stockton CA.

#17 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:19 AM

Bill, you're a genius! I have eyed that big wide space between the camper and our bedrails for years thinking I could use the space somehow. Extra gas tank? Fresh water tank? Grey water tank! Excellent. A new project going on the list. :D

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#18 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 03:31 AM

Not sure how I missed this thread, but just found it. Great idea. I'm in Stockton all the time, and if you still have that extra piece of 4" pipe, I'd love to have it.
Bob

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#19 dags

dags

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

I'm thinking about using this idea for fresh water, anyone have a clever idea on how to fill it while on the road?

#20 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

I like the idea of having a permanant gray water storage also for all the resons mentioned. And if this old man ever gets the initiative to remove the camper so I can do the ABS concept I will. In the meantime I made this storage system out of a roll of foodsaver plastic. I sealed both end witht the food saver except for the PVC access holes. The reason I did this is so I could install the bag flat via the gap between the camper and the truck. Next test is to see how long it lasts, I will wrap it in a beach towel to protect the plastic. More news @ 11:00:
papas got a brand new bag.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users