Gray Water tank for Hawk

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Here some more photos with the bag wrapped in towels, then installed with a side view and drainpapas-got-a-brand-new-bag.gif It's an animated gif so if you open it it will show all photos

#22 BSS

BSS

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationState of Jefferson

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

I like that idea bobm.

I would fill it full of water and then duct tape the crap out of the outside of the bladder.

#23 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Good idea. I took it out of the truck and removed the towel, replaced with a pair of levi pant legs from some oversized pants I had and went crazy with the duct tape. I left some of the denim exposed to dry out if there was any light leakage. With the pant leg and tape it at least won't burst so any light leakage will just travel out the truck bed.ducky.jpg

#24 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Good idea. I took it out of the truck and removed the towel, replaced with a pair of levi pant legs from some oversized pants I had and went crazy with the duct tape. I left some of the denim exposed to dry out if there was any light leakage. With the pant leg and tape it at least won't burst so any light leakage will just travel out the truck bed.ducky.jpg

I like the idea of the expanding bag. How is the flow coming out of the sink without a vent on the bag? I though about a bag before the PVC pipe I used but could not find any thing heavy enough. A friend told me I may not get a good flow into the bag with just gravity from the drain.

Bill in Stockton

#25 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

so far OK but I havn't tried soapy water yet

#26 DonC

DonC

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationBiahop

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Bill - a couple of questions. How did you attach the PVC to the side of the truck bed? What is the vent hose for? Is that a custom fresh water drain - did you move it for some reason? Mine just comes out of the lower part of the camper.

thanks!

Don C

2012 FWC Fleet on a 2006 Tundra AC TRD 4 x 4

http://www.dchambersphotography.com/

#27 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Bill - a couple of questions.
How did you attach the PVC to the side of the truck bed?
I screwed small D rings to the inside of the pickup bed and use small bungies to hold the pipe.

What is the vent hose for?
To let pressure out of the tank so it fill with out a "burp"

Is that a custom fresh water drain - did you move it for some reason? Mine just comes out of the lower part of the camper.
Yes my valve broke and I put in a 90 degree elbow and ran a hose to a valve in the bac,

thanks!

Hope this answers your questions.

Bill

#28 DonC

DonC

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationBiahop

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Thanks Bill. I forgot to ask - is the vent hose for the clean water or gray water? I don't see it attached to the gray water tank.

Don C

2012 FWC Fleet on a 2006 Tundra AC TRD 4 x 4

http://www.dchambersphotography.com/

#29 SLO_F-250

SLO_F-250

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

These are some great ideas on here Gents! Thanks for sharing! :)

The Rig: Early 1999 Ford F-250 7.3L CC 4x4 (Build Date-02/98) - 218,xxx miles DIY Intake with S&B Filter, FBD 4" Exhaust, leveling kit, 285's, Mag-Hytec Diff Covers, 203* thermostat, CCV Mod, and Bilstein 5150's

My 1990 Hawk Restore

#30 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

Any thoughts on using Pex or flexible landscape hose instead of PVC or copper for the various pieces?

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users