Northwest junket....

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:52 PM

No photos downloaded yet but the trip goes well.
I started around the 16th of August in Truth or Consequences, NM, my home, headed for Sacramento and had a nice visit with Ted (in this group), and got the sideliner replaced by ATC. Decided against an awning due to the cost of the sideliner....(more than I had anticipated due to a faulty memory chip in this old man).
North to Bremerton, WA with several visits with old friends along the way.
I am now headed east to Missoula, MT to pick up my wife, Kit, from a fire job there and we will spend a couple of weeks heading back to the Santa Maria, CA area where she will do another 2 week job on the fire there. I will head home by myself and will do a more complete report of the trip with photos when I get there. I am finding that in a lot of areas I have been in Washington state, coffee shops and things like the ferry system are starting to charge for WiFi access....what does that mean for the rest of the country....this is the first I have seen of it. I am happy to report that my Mazda with the Ranger II shell is getting 17 MPG on the highway fairly often! Yahoo! Better than any truck I have had with a gasoline engine.
More later.....happy trails,
Brian

#2 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:08 PM

right on brian! travel safe! the weather has been good th elast week in MT., enjoy and look forward to pics when you get the chance!

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#3 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationCentral California Sierra Nevadas

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:50 PM

Sounds like a great trip, keep us posted.

#4 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:14 PM

Brian,

Looking forward to your pictures, enjoy. Thanks to your wife for work on the fires, we all appreciate the work they do.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#5 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:28 AM

Hi Brian,

Glad to hear your trip is going well. Hope you get to enjoy some time with Kit. We really appreciate your stopping by to share stories and check out each other's campers. We look forward to the time when we can spend as much time on the road as you and Kit do. I tried sending this photo to you on a personal email but couldn't find a way to upload it. Have a safe and good trip. Looking forward to camping with you one of these days.

Ted and Donna

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0797.jpg

#6 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:55 PM

Brian,
I offer to put you up here for a bit on your way back to The Land Of Enchantment but I will be at Kaiser Sunset LA. All things considered I'd rather be in Tucson.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#7 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationCentral California Sierra Nevadas

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:06 PM

Hmm, maybe we should make some sort of map of members homes that would be willing to let a fellow FWC pop the top in the driveway for the night, grab a shower, make repairs, etc?

#8 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:04 AM

Hmm, maybe we should make some sort of map of members homes that would be willing to let a fellow FWC pop the top in the driveway for the night, grab a shower, make repairs, etc?

sam, good idea, i love checking out other folk's rigs in person...i am in bozeman, mt. anyone feel free to drop a line anytime...

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#9 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:33 AM

I'm a member of the Turbo Diesel Register which is a Dodge / Cummins user group. They publish a list of members who have volunteered to provide help and/or facilities across the country to fellow members. It seems to work great but I'm not sure how it would be implemented on an open forum like this.
2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#10 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:30 PM

Well I am on my way south now. In Boise,ID for a night and a couple of stops at some favorite places here and then on south on pretty much a beeline for home. Two or three more nights I suppose. This has been way more an urban type trip...lots of RV parks for the night. A couple Walmarts and rest areas but mostly Forest Service and State campgrounds. Not too much of the wild feel but lots of people connections....I have a stack of Marty's ATC cards and I scribbled the FWC and WTW addresses on the back so we can pull them into the fold.

I would be interested in putting my name and phone #, etc. on a list for folks who are in the area. As Camelracer sez, I belong to several groups, mostly of the motorcycle persuasion who have books or lists like that although they are mostly an emergency type thing. Some have a way to indicate if you want to B.S. though. When I lived in Alaska I had a guy from Lousiana ask if he could have a tire shipped to me...worked good for him.

Also thanks to Ted and Donna for the nice photo.

Bro Jay, I hope your hospital event went well and you are well on your way to being your old self. let us know.
Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users