• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:51 AM

couple of pictures of install of firestone ride rite air bags on our new 2008 4x4 tacoma access cab.glad my wife bought me a new set .it would of been a whole lot of work to adapt the set i had on my 2002 tacoma.they got it right this time the brackets seem to be designed to keep the frame supported,so i did not add any bracing at this time as we do not plan on using this rig for extreme off road use,maybe in the future!about 3 hours to install everything fit!other than bolting parts on the only thing you have to do is cut rubber bump stop off even with spring u bolts,drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0579 (Small).JPG
  • DSCF0588 (Small).JPG
  • DSCF0589 (Small).JPG

#2 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:52 AM

LQ,

Does your tacoma have the TRD package???

TT

#3 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:48 PM

we ended up with 2008 tacoma,trd offroad,sr5,access cab,long bed ,tow package v/6,6spd manual trans. we had planed on getting the double door,but you can not get trd offroad package with long bed,i was told that differant areas might have long bed but could never verify this!,thinking back deleting trd package and going with after market shocks and coil overs,air locker (rear)you could probably have a better set up for near the same amount,If you could get everything installed correctly ,dont know what it would do to warranty.drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

#4 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

Thanx Lq!

trying to figure afew things out for a friend who is interested in the same set up..

TT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users