Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

Lookin' good!

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#22 5444

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

Bam, Great day. So during clean up I had a few brews.... :beer: So for a warning to all of you... Brews and amazon are a bad combo! Got some things on the way for next week…..

^ So true

2012 Hawk, 2011 Ram 2500 Crew CTD G56, 1988 YJ "The more you travel, the more you realize how little you've seen"-Gunther Holtorf

#23 SLO_F-250

SLO_F-250

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. Its really coming together!!

Well got another day in on the camper. LOTS of progress. The long haul is over and its little stuff from hear on out. Mainly re-sealing the roof and general maintenance stuff. No more HUGE project! B)

Got the bench seat all framed up.
Posted Image

Modified the corner at the door. I didnt like the dead space FWC originally had in that corner.
Posted Image

Added an extra storage area in the front of the camper. Going to hold 2 batteries.
Posted Image

Lid on. I went with a grey blue carpet. Hoping to kinda match the blinds and get another color in the camper besides white and lots of brown.
Posted Image

Lid off and battery under.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

most everything is back in! YEEHAA! :lol:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Just gotta get the fridge back in there. Does anyone know of a good internet site to order fridge parts off of? I have a Dometic RM-2193. Just need 2 parts. Burner and T-Pipe to replace the old rusty ones.
Cheers,
Paul

The Rig: Early 1999 Ford F-250 7.3L CC 4x4 (Build Date-02/98) - 218,xxx miles DIY Intake with S&B Filter, FBD 4" Exhaust, leveling kit, 285's, Mag-Hytec Diff Covers, 203* thermostat, CCV Mod, and Bilstein 5150's

My 1990 Hawk Restore

#24 MakersTeleMark

MakersTeleMark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

http://www.pplmotorh...rator-parts.htm

#25 SLO_F-250

SLO_F-250

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-refrigerators/dometic-refrigerator-parts.htm

Thanks for the link. Appreciate it.

Amazon got me again! Dang. I ordered a battery isolator setup following evldave's (on expedition portal) How to make a Cheap Bettery Isolator setup for $50. Unfortunately mine came out to about $80 shipped, but that is still a pretty good price. Went with 4 guage wire and the Cole-Hersee solenoid. Install details to come! I plan on adding a 2nd battery and solor panel at some point, but that will be down the road.

On another note, FWC finalized my replacement lift panel order. I got one of the last wood ones as the new composite ones are PRICEY! Should ship out tomorrow! :) I figured the original lasted 22 years so a new one is fine. Plus the rear is in perfect shape. Terry and Stan threw in some scrap brown canvas for me to use for patches and some new stickers to dress up the old hawk. GREAT GUYS! Cheers! :D

This has been covered in other threads, but FWC recommends HH-66 Vinyl Cement to patch the canvas. Got some from the tribes of Amazon too. :wacko:

The Rig: Early 1999 Ford F-250 7.3L CC 4x4 (Build Date-02/98) - 218,xxx miles DIY Intake with S&B Filter, FBD 4" Exhaust, leveling kit, 285's, Mag-Hytec Diff Covers, 203* thermostat, CCV Mod, and Bilstein 5150's

My 1990 Hawk Restore

#26 JBahr

JBahr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Posted Image

If that is a wet cell battery in there, you will need to vent that to the outside. You don't want any gases building up in your compartment.

Jason Bahr  "Former" Design Engineer Four Wheel Campers, Inc.

#27 SLO_F-250

SLO_F-250

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image

If that is a wet cell battery in there, you will need to vent that to the outside. You don't want any gases building up in your compartment.

Jason,
Thanks for the comment. Yes, I have a small vent on order. I ended up widening the access hole in that corner to I wouldn't have to move the batteries every time I take the camper on and off. Once the vent comes Ill frame it in.

My 1990 Hawk Restore

#28 SLO_F-250

SLO_F-250

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

UPDATE.........

Sadly, my weekends of time are coming to an end. Trip date coming up soon and my truck needs a bit of maintenance before the depart. Wish I wanst working 12 hour days so I could tinker on the camper!!!! Course that is what pays for my "tinkering". haha

Old vent OFFFFF!!!
Posted Image

Welcome Fantastic Fan! What an upgrade!
Posted Image

Looks good inside! Love the speeds and ability to reverse the air flow!
Posted Image

Also ordered all new exterior water line stuff as well as sink drain and line. Stuff is fairly cheap and turned out great!
Posted Image

This one is kinda cool and sad. The Hawk was ready for gear. So I stopped by where I have the skamper stored for now and cleaned the ole girl out. Got lots of reorganizing to do. Man Im going to miss my storage boxes and under camper drawer, but it will help me consolidate my stuff some. As soon as I get some time to organize Ill send some picts.
Posted Image

My battery isolator setup came in today! Sweet! That will get installed this weekend for sure. I also have a box of electrical parts sitting in the garage. Unfortunately wont get time to install pre-hwy 395 trip, but defiantly will before Utah this fall! :D

My 1990 Hawk Restore

#29 WyoIDI

WyoIDI

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • LocationCody, WY

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Quick question: Was your hawk pre-wired for the fan or did you have to run wires over to it? My grandby is two years older than yours and I hoping to know what I was up against before I start tearing into my roof. Thanks

92' Grandby, 93' f350 7.3L CCLB

#30 SLO_F-250

SLO_F-250

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

Quick question: Was your hawk pre-wired for the fan or did you have to run wires over to it? My grandby is two years older than yours and I hoping to know what I was up against before I start tearing into my roof. Thanks

Yes, it was pre-wired. Do you have a skylight or opening already for the fan? My thought would be they pre-wire all the campers but leave the fan as an extra/optional item. Not sure with the older ones though. Maybe some of the other guys could help answer this one as well....

My 1990 Hawk Restore

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users