• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#71 BSS

BSS

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationState of Jefferson

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Also, if you have a fastenal store in your town they have those screws.

#72 SLO_F-250

SLO_F-250

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Interesting that engel fridge is the exact same as the norcold dc0040

Great photos, thanks for sharing those

Also, if you have a fastenal store in your town they have those screws.

Thanks the compliments and info on the screws! Cheers

The Rig: Early 1999 Ford F-250 7.3L CC 4x4 (Build Date-02/98) - 218,xxx miles DIY Intake with S&B Filter, FBD 4" Exhaust, leveling kit, 285's, Mag-Hytec Diff Covers, 203* thermostat, CCV Mod, and Bilstein 5150's

My 1990 Hawk Restore

#73 SLO_F-250

SLO_F-250

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Well I was able to get a little time to tinker on the camper Sunday. First up was run the unregulated line up to my stove line. I'm glad I got this one done.

Picture of where I added the line near the tank.
Posted Image

Attached tot he valve. Gotta run back to the hardware store for one more fitting to wrap up the line going to the heater. Always missing ONE PIECE! DANG! haha :sombrero:
Posted Image

Next up: I never really like the threshold at the door. I thought it was a tripping hazzad which I have constantly tripped on myself. So I shaped a peice of wood with a 45* cut on it to make a better transition. Threw a little rattle can rhino liner on it and whallaa.. Here it is. Im pretty happy with this little mod.

Posted Image

Another angle.
Posted Image

And as always, one good parting shot to remind me to go use the rig/camper!
Happy Holidays everyone.

Posted Image

The Rig: Early 1999 Ford F-250 7.3L CC 4x4 (Build Date-02/98) - 218,xxx miles DIY Intake with S&B Filter, FBD 4" Exhaust, leveling kit, 285's, Mag-Hytec Diff Covers, 203* thermostat, CCV Mod, and Bilstein 5150's

My 1990 Hawk Restore

#74 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,335 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

And as always, one good parting shot to remind me to go use the rig/camper!
Happy Holidays everyone.

Posted Image

:)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#75 nature

nature

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Thanks for this thread. It's really going to help me. I have a ~1997 FWC which fits the standard bed toyota tacoma ('06). For some reason I think it's called the "scout". It's just the camper with pull out bed and nothing more. Popper hinges need to be replaced but otherwise it's in great shape. I've owned it for 12 years. more on that later....

#76 SLO_F-250

SLO_F-250

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:39 AM

Hey guys,  Been a while since I have been on here and updated the thread.  I have been keeping track of most everything on Expedition Portal.  Here is the link:

http://www.expeditio...wk-Refurb-Build

There are TONS more mods, picts, etc etc.  Might be work the look for some.  Hope all is well and here are a few picts to get the interest going...   :D

IMG_20150318_190345990_HDR_zpsaub4ddm5.j

IMAG4059_zps00df671c.jpg

Thanks!  

SLO

My 1990 Hawk Restore

#77 nevadamerica

nevadamerica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationReno/Tahoe

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

Well, I was lucky enough to get about a 1/2 day off Friday and made good progress on Saturday. It's coming back together. Lots new wiring! The new fridge looks and works great! It was 38* in no time after turning it on. I'm interested to see if I hear the sound of the compressor once everything is back together.

Is your watt/voltage/amp meter only wired to give you a reading of what the solar is feeding to your batteries? Do you have a way of reading what your batteries' levels are? Do you have a wiring diagram that you have worked up already? I'm asking because I've just installed solar 90% of the way. Need to find a better route for the wires on roof, and looking to re-evaluate my cabinet space, as well as my passenger-side seating/storage, and your thread is solid and getting plenty of ideas. My charge controller doesn't read voltage of batteries, only %. It also shows amperage the panel is inputting, as long as the battery isn't full, if that makes sense. Im looking to install a multimeter (looking at Powerwerx, very similar). Wondering if I should install line side, or load side of battery. Meh, thoughts anyone?
Also, as far as wiring, I also don't like any wires hanging outside, do you have any photos of where you accessed and relocated your original camper wiring?
Keep up the good work and thanks!

1997 FWC Ranger II

2003 Tundra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users