2 Weeks In The Camper!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:10 PM

Hey all, thought I would start a thread documenting our 2-week stay in the camper. We are in between houses until Oct. 1st so we decided to "rough it" and stay in the camper and commute to town as necessary. We started Friday morning, I stayed out until this afternoon but my girlfriend had to go in for work yesterday...so far so good. We are lucky enough to live in a place where there is a lot of camping relatively close to town (w/in 50 mi.). I'll keep posting pics as we find and spend time at different places...trying to move every 2 days!

Also, realizing a few things I need...
1. Fantastic Fan...2 dogs and 2 humans = lots of condensation.
2. Arctic Pack...its in the 40's nightly now here in MT. and while so far we are able to stay warm without the heater I think it and the Arctic Pack will be needed for the winter months...
3. Dual Batteries, nothing new here, I feel a must...still haven't decided on a way to install yet...but will keep everyone posted!

Here are some pics of our first 2 campsites (Fri/Sat nights). Had to do some 4X4in' to get into the second one. Also a few pics of some hikes we took nearby and our "back yard", creek included!

Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMGP1452.jpg
  • IMGP1458.jpg
  • IMGP1455.jpg
  • IMGP1463.jpg
  • IMGP1465.jpg

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#2 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:13 PM

A few more...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMGP1471.jpg
  • IMGP1466.jpg

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#3 canterburyfour

canterburyfour

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

What a great place to have to wait for the new house.
www.canterburyfour.com

Travelling the world everyday in my mind!

There's no personal growth from fear!!

#4 flinchlock

flinchlock

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:15 PM

Please post ugly pictures so that MT does not show up in those "100 Best Places to Live/Retire" articles! :rolleyes:

Mike

'08 ATC Cougar (built 06/16/08)
# of nights in camper: '08=15, '12=21,'13=16, '14=10, '15=52, '16=11, '17=20 (equals 145)

#5 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:18 PM

Nice Erod! Thanks for the pix. You do a nice job. Very cool campsites also.

Brian

#6 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:20 AM

Wow, fantastic pics. Wish I had to wait in an area like that.

Also, your package arrived the other day. Thanks for that. Still haven't unpacked everything yet. Will get some time next week to play with it.

Thanks again.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

email: benbntt@gmail.com

#7 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:45 AM

Being homeless while having to go to work, etc. doesn't look good. Being homeless in such a beautiful environment doesn't look bad. Kind of a Yin, Yang thing. At least you have 2 4x4 vehicles. You could have picked a better time to change houses!

Gotta love those 4x4 required camp sites.

I hear you about the fan and the dual battery. I really like that I could squeeze a spare battery into the engine compartment. That made the hook up a lot easier (though not necessarily less expensive).

#8 jimjxsn

jimjxsn

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationRoxborough Park or Buena Vista CO

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

Erod,
Very nice.

Both places I've worked in the last 20 years hace had locker rooms with showers so you could workout over lunch. I've always thought that if I had to rough it I could just come into work early and shower there.

Best of luck to you guys...

~Jim
2000 Tundra AC- 2000 FWC Ranger

2017 Tundra DC - 2017 ATC Panther

#9 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:45 PM

thanks guys, its hasn't been too bad at all, actually we have stayed in town the last two nights so no new pics :( ! good to get a shower, charge things (cell, computer, camera) and get some work done...back to the woods tonight though, weather has been pretty cooperative but we did get snow up high again last night...thanks for lookin', cheers to all!

#10 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:49 PM

Please post ugly pictures so that MT does not show up in those "100 Best Places to Live/Retire" articles! :rolleyes:

Mike

pretty sure its too late for that mike...this town has doubled in the last 10 years since i have been here :) ! kind of have to go with the flow or it will bother the heck out of ya!

here's an update, weather has been super wet around here lately, some snow up high and lots of overcast. spent last 3 nights in town :eek: , with the both of us working early in th am it seemed like the best option...still good "camping", err, parking spots in town so still not too bad. Last night we were able to get out of town again, about 20 miles north. made camp pretty late but woke up to some crazy fog...stayed nice and dry in the camper though. its nights like these when we can cook, read and sleep in total comfort in the camper that we really appreciate it! anyway, seemed to have misplaced my camera :( , so these are just a few i took with my computer...pretty poor quality but gives you an idea of what we woke up to. cheers!

Attached Thumbnails

• MyPicture.jpg
  • Photo 2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users