Compressor Danfoss DB35F
Voltage 12/24V DC, 115/230V AC, 50-60 Hz
Average Input 50 Watts
Materials Outdoor Grade Plastic Interior and Exterior
Color Two Tone Grey
Basket Included
Interior Light Yes
Origin China

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#22 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Ski did you see that there are some dealers near you. Reno,Rocklin.
Last year when I checked this brand out I gave up on it because it would not fit in the Ranger Super cab.Now that I have the wider Tundra it will work like snap.
Thanks for starting this thread.Do you get a commission?
Frank

No I didn't see that there were dealers. Can you provide a link? This has been a problem to actually see any of the portable fridges. From buying and owning and wearing out so many backpacks, I always take the volume specs with a grain of salt. We know what we carry with us so we take it to a shop and ask permission to load up packs - sorry ropes, bags, artificial weight doesn't count when we are spending several hundred dollars. If a shop won't accommodate..........guess who's not making a sale. In this case we know the usual grub, drinks, etc., we usually carry. I'd like to know for sure the volume works before buying.

Also a test report - here

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#23 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

No I didn't see that there were dealers. Can you provide a link? This has been a problem to actually see any of the portable fridges. From buying and owning and wearing out so many backpacks, I always take the volume specs with a grain of salt. We know what we carry with us so we take it to a shop and ask permission to load up packs - sorry ropes, bags, artificial weight doesn't count when we are spending several hundred dollars. If a shop won't accommodate..........guess who's not making a sale. In this case we know the usual grub, drinks, etc., we usually carry. I'd like to know for sure the volume works before buying.

Also a test report - here

Ski go to equip1.com It's the web site from the video you posted.They list dealers around the country.
I also like to visit a product if I can before I purchase.In this case I have to rely on all the info at hand.Your input was very helpful and thank you.I also have to weigh the usefulness to me of the product,cost and will it fit my needs.
Yes there are other fridges out there that may or may not be better.If you wanted to spend huge amounts of $ the National Luna might be the way to go,but that unit doesn't fit my needs.As for country of origin,seems like most are made somewhere in Asia.
My unit will be here by the end of the week.I am going to do some tests on power usage and will post the results.
Once again I will state that all products don't work the same for everyone,based on lots of situations.I think the tests seem to fair well for the product.Since most seem to have Engels or AMB types the Indel B does well matched with them.
Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#24 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

Anyone thinking about purchasing one of these should check out the truckfridge.com they have the best price I was able to find.Four wheeled mag an ad for them the TB31 through TB51/$610 to $700.The truckfridge co has them for around $550 delivered.There is a lot of info out there on these products just search Indel TB series.Some sites have comparisons to all the major brands and the Indel holds it's ground with them some at over double the price.hope this info helps.
Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#25 JohnF

JohnF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationThornton CO

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Picked up a Dometic CF50AC $579 delivered.

PPL - sale says it's through 8-3

#26 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Picked up a Dometic CF50AC $579 delivered.

PPL - sale says it's through 8-3

This unit seems to be similar to the Indel brand,about the same price.
Frank

#27 gandhii

gandhii

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

I recently got the Dometic CF-18 model from PPL as well for just over $350 delivered. Good customer service. Quick delivery. Still early.. but it seems pretty durable. And it works well. And you sure can't beat that price. May be small for some, but I couldn't fathom lugging around something bigger.

#28 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:57 PM

These Indel B fridges are now on sale at TruckFridge online -

TruckFridge Online Store

I just ordered one.

#29 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

These Indel B fridges are now on sale at TruckFridge online -

TruckFridge Online Store

I just ordered one.

I think you will like this unit.Did you get the 50 size? I have been running mine set at 39* since Friday 5pm ,with my 45w solar it has been working great. I keep it set on the high setting for the battery protector.The temp inside cycles between 41-39,although the small compartment runs about 8* warmer. The handles I made are simple and don't take up any room.
If you want info on the handles let me know.
Frank

#30 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

I think you will like this unit.Did you get the 50 size? I have been running mine set at 39* since Friday 5pm ,with my 45w solar it has been working great. I keep it set on the high setting for the battery protector.The temp inside cycles between 41-39,although the small compartment runs about 8* warmer. The handles I made are simple and don't take up any room.
If you want info on the handles let me know.
Frank

Yup, I went with the TF-51. I think I can accommodate it with my planned minor remodel and it is now the same price as the 41. :)............now a little bigger battery and some solar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users