• Please log in to reply
787 replies to this topic

#1 BSS

BSS

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationState of Jefferson

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:11 AM

White 1st gen tundra with 4wc Eagle headed south on US 395 in Carson City this afternoon. Washington plates, home made wind fairing in front. Thought I'd seen this camper on wtw in the past.

Hope you're having a good trip.

#2 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

I think this is a great idea for an ongoing thread! Posted Image

If there seems to be interest I'll "pin" the topic. If it's pinned maybe it should be in the the Truck Campers sub-forum. Posted Image
Any thoughts?

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#3 Gormley Green

Gormley Green

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSquamish, BC

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Great idea.

Wednesday August 1, Sunshine Coast BC, white F250/350 with a new Hawk pulling a nice aluminum fishing boat. Are you here?
2015 F350 FX4 with a 2010 FWC Hawk

#4 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

Saturday afternoon around 1430, looked like a Hawk heading east on US 50 through Placerville. No more information, I couldn't catch up. :D

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#5 UglyScout

UglyScout

• Members
  • 405 posts
  • LocationNewberg, OR

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

Saturday 8/4/12 - most of the day, Black Toyota Crew Cab - lifted - very clean looking - with FWC parked in the Cape Kiwanda / Pacific City / Pelican Brew Pub parking lot....

I kept waiting for them to drive out on the sand and tear it up!
2002 Chevy 2500HD 1993 Four Wheel Grandby

#6 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

I think if all buyers of pop-up campers were required to be or become WTW members -- kinda like a Union shop -- it would be easier to account for and track them/us.
I see FWC/ATC rigs in Bend all the time with drivers who are strangers to me. I know of 5 WTW members in Bend, but I know that there are more pop-up-camper-owners than that here who could be corralled.
Not only would they, as WTW members, be more-likely to see and respond to these "Sightings" posts, but the GPS tracking device installed in the roof of all campers would make it possible for rigs to be tracked here on the new WTW Camper-Mapping page.

I wonder how could it be enforced for used-camper sales and home-built rigs? Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

<snip>
but the GPS tracking device installed in the roof of all campers would make it possible for rigs to be tracked here on the new WTW Camper-Mapping page.
I wonder how could it be enforced for used-camper sales and home-built rigs?
<snip>

Perfect example of advances in technology leading to further erosion of privacy and growth of "big brother." :o

Another old fashion sighting - Monday 6 August 2012 1430 hrs east bound US 50 through Placerville, CA - Hawk on white newer generation Tundra still carrying jacks on the corners.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#8 Ramblinman

Ramblinman

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:29 AM

Grey Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab sporting a FWC spotted in Jasper Alberta - 1500 hrs on 6 Aug 2012 - Driver pretty disgruntled fighting for a place at the Gas Pump (ESSO) it was a gong show! Sorry we could not chat.

#9 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Who dis? Posted Image

Posted Image
In downtown Bend, Oregon -- this afternoon (Aug. 10, 2012) at 3pm.

Oregon plates on the truck, and on the FWC the rarely-seen on a pop-up -- even in Oregon -- camper plate. Looks like there's a solar panel on the roof.

Lots of tourists in/around/through Bend this time of year... I guess this could be a local, but if it is local I haven't noticed it before.

#10 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

Today spotted on hwy#1 south,near Castroville Ca.A 06/07 Tacoma sliver/gray with ATC Bobcat.Two gas cans on rear,two army ammo boxes with "keep fort Ord wild"sticker and spare tire on camper door.Ca. plate started 8N? Rig looked like it was coming from serious dirt road area,judging from the dust.
I am going to have to start carrying my camera to document sightings.
Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users