787 replies to this topic

#11 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

I am going to have to start carrying my camera to document sightings.
Frank

Yeah, I snagged this with my phone camera. Usually when I see an unknown camper they're driving and I'm driving and I don't have the opportunity for a photo. Posted Image

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#12 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

I think if all buyers of pop-up campers were required to be or become WTW members -- kinda like a Union shop -- it would be easier to account for and track them/us.
I see FWC/ATC rigs in Bend all the time with drivers who are strangers to me. I know of 5 WTW members in Bend, but I know that there are more pop-up-camper-owners than that here who could be corralled.
Not only would they, as WTW members, be more-likely to see and respond to these "Sightings" posts, but the GPS tracking device installed in the roof of all campers would make it possible for rigs to be tracked here on the new WTW Camper-Mapping page.

I wonder how could it be enforced for used-camper sales and home-built rigs? Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeh Mark,you should be "dictator in charge of campers sightings".Ha ha give you something to do in your spare time.

How's kitty? Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#13 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

Yeh Mark,you should be "dictator in charge of campers sightings".Ha ha give you something to do in your spare time.

"Comply! Register your vessel with WTW so that you may be assimilated. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE". Posted Image

Posted Image

WTW Site Team:
Posted Image

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#14 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

"Comply! Register your vessel with WTW so that you may be assimilated. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE". Posted Image

Posted Image

WTW Site Team:
Posted Image

Nice Mark.I love it.Beam us up.
Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#15 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Tuesday evening, 7 August 2012, camped at Bob Scott Campground, Highway 50 east of Austin, NV, Tundra with Hawk and mountain bike on the back.

Thursday morning, 9 August 2012, camped at Upper Lehman Campground Great Basin National Park, F-150 with Grandby.

Saturday, 11 August 2012, headed west on Highway 50 in Nevada, Eureka around 1500 hrs, Tacoma with Eagle.

Sunday, 12 August 2012, headed east on Highway 50 in Nevada east side of Austin Summit, 0800 hrs, Tundra with Hawk.

Sunday, 12 August 2012, headed east on Highway 50 in Nevada, east side of Mt. Airy Summit, 0845 hrs. Pickup with Hawk pulling a small red trailer with motorcycle.

Sunday, 12 August 2012, headed east on Highway 50 in California, Echo Summit, 1430 hrs, All Terrain on blue pickup.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#16 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Baker, Nevada south side of the road leading to Great Basin National Park about a block or two (edge of town) up from "downtown" sits a mid 90's FWC Ranger II. It has the wings and rear tail lights. It is pretty much just like ours when we bought it. It is sitting on blocks outside. the cabover is supported by the camper jacks. I first saw it 3 years ago, don't know if it is used as a extra room (since the cabover is supported), ever put on a truck, or is for sale. It does not look like it is rotting away.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#17 Overland Hadley

Overland Hadley

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationLake Superior North

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Baker, Nevada south side of the road leading to Great Basin National Park about a block or two (edge of town) up from "downtown" sits a mid 90's FWC Ranger II. It has the wings and rear tail lights. It is pretty much just like ours when we bought it. It is sitting on blocks outside. the cabover is supported by the camper jacks. I first saw it 3 years ago, don't know if it is used as a extra room (since the cabover is supported), ever put on a truck, or is for sale. It does not look like it is rotting away.

This one?

;)
Nathanael - Large Format Landscape Photography
www.KuenzliPhotography.com

2012 Four Wheel Camper - The FWC Build
"If life was fair, Utah would be closer to home" DD

#18 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

This one?

affirmative

#19 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,267 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:42 AM

affirmative

Ski,what is the difference between the FWC Ranger II like yours and the,ATC Bobcat/FWC eagle?
Frank

#20 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,251 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:02 AM

Ski,what is the difference between the FWC Ranger II like yours and the,ATC Bobcat/FWC eagle?
Frank

From what I understand the Ranger II (and the Ranger II was the shorter version of the Ranger - there's a Ranger for sale in LA on Craigslist now) became the FWC Eagle. In size it is about the same. Compared to other older FWC's it has a longer cabover almost like the current extended bed cabover. Most Ranger II's came with the "wings" over the rear bed sides and tail lights. The ATC Bobcat and the FWC Eagle are for similar size trucks. I believe the Bobcat is 2" wider on each side for a total of 4" greater width.

This is all from memory so I'd be happy to be corrected.

All in all, they are all pretty darn close.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users