787 replies to this topic

#21 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,269 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:48 AM

From what I understand the Ranger II (and the Ranger II was the shorter version of the Ranger - there's a Ranger for sale in LA on Craigslist now) became the FWC Eagle. In size it is about the same. Compared to other older FWC's it has a longer cabover almost like the current extended bed cabover. Most Ranger II's came with the "wings" over the rear bed sides and tail lights. The ATC Bobcat and the FWC Eagle are for similar size trucks. I believe the Bobcat is 2" wider on each side for a total of 4" greater width.

This is all from memory so I'd be happy to be corrected.

All in all, they are all pretty darn close.

Thanks Ski.I thought the Ranger II was similar to a Bobcat/Eagle.
Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#22 BSS

BSS

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationState of Jefferson

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Cosmetically, the only differences I know of were the off white siding, dark cabinet laminate and of course the ridiculous wings. Aside from standard updates/upgrades 4WC added over the years (upper storage cabinet, propane & water level monitors, etc) they are basically the same and have the exact same footprint, dimensions, and measurements.

#23 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

FWC heading east on Hwy 178 in Inyokern, crossing over Hwy 395, I was too far behind to get any additional details, and I wasn't continuing in the same direction.Just shamelessly uping my message count.

#24 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

<snip>
Just shamelessly upping my message count.

Nothing wrong with that! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#25 4llamas

4llamas

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSW Willamette Valley, Oregon

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

Last Monday, going north on I-5 between Roseburg and Cottage Grove. I was lumbering home after a week in the Trinity Alps Wilderness and a couple in a shiny Toyota and FWC sprinted by, waving an encouraging thumbs-up. Howdy. Better late than never?

#26 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Today, at Von's gas station, Goleta, CA, 1:40pm, FWC with Strawberry Festival sticker on the back was pulling out as I was pulling in.

#27 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

Today about 2 pm, heading west on the Mt. Bachelor road (west of Bend, OR), near Bachelor: a small ATC (I think) on a compact pickup.
May have been a former co-worker of mine who has something like this combo...:huh:

I was headed home from a nice loop hike in the Three Sisters Wilderness -- a retired guy weekday privilege...before the area becomes overrun with Labor Day tourists. :rolleyes:
Oh well...hoards of tourists are the lifeblood of the Bend/Central Oregon economy.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#28 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

This guy was parked next to me as I left Kirkwood.
B<br>Posted Image<br>

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#29 BSS

BSS

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationState of Jefferson

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

Saw more fwc's than I could count this weekend in my town, heading up or down hwy 395 and/or SR88.

Probably at least ten.

But I don't recall ever seeing craig333's guy around here.

#30 Gormley Green

Gormley Green

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • LocationSquamish, BC

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Nice Tacoma with a new looking Finch and two kayaks on the roof, southbound on Highway 11 near Orillia Ontario - Sunday Sept 2 at around lunchtime.
2015 F350 FX4 with a 2010 FWC Hawk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users