#701 TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 13 November 2020 - 02:34 PM

Newer FWC on a tan full size Dodge parked on a street in Gilman Minnesota 11/12/2020.

2016 FWC Hawk Shell

2011 Chev Silverado 1500 4x4 ext cab

2018 Chev Silverado 2500 4x4 ext cab 

Super Springs

Helwig Sway Bar

#702 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 03 December 2020 - 05:30 AM

Saw a white Hawk on a red 2nd gen Tundra leaving Hillsboro, Oregon  Imbrie Fred Meyers parking this afternoon. We waved at each other but I didn’t recognize them.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#703 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 21 December 2020 - 12:06 AM

Within 10 minutes I saw 4 FWC campers go by me in Port Townsend, WA including a nice flatbed. More FWCs than I have ever seen out here in one day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#704 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 06 January 2021 - 12:42 AM

Just had a nice 'sighting' - with talking, too. :) I'm camped in Twin Peaks Campground, Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, southern Arizona. I stepped out of my rig and in the campsite across the lane is a FWC! Had a nice chat with Dave from Texas. He's having furnace problems, and I encouraged him to post on WTW.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#705 Hoopy

Hoopy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Locationsouthern Wa

Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:45 PM

We just returned from a trip.  And there is nothing like seeing a FWC or Popup on the road  or in a campground.  we saw a couple of them in the Grand Canyon area pulling in l very late.  They were like ghosts......gone in the am.    We saw one down in the skyislands along the Arizona New Mexican border no one around.  Nothing  like giving a friendly wave to comrades on the road.   

#706 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 14 February 2021 - 10:13 PM

Here in Twin Peaks Campground, Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, AZ sighted today: 2, count 'em TWO, FWC Fleets -- in TWO flavors!
One, a flatbed model on a flatbed Tacoma from Oregon.
The other, a regular Fleet on a regular Tacoma from Arizona.

In the 2+ weeks (between last month and this) that I've been in this campground I've seen more pop-up truck campers AND molded-fiberglass travel trailers (my two families) than I've seen in any campground anywhere.

#707 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 15 February 2021 - 11:01 PM

Yet another day of multiple sightings here in Twin Peaks CG, Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument:
A FWC Fleet on a Tacoma from Washington
A FWC Hawk on a...truck from California

I chatted with the owners of both rigs. They were already familiar with WTW, so I didn't bother offering them membership at the Moderator's Discount price.
;) :D

#708 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:20 PM

And the hits just keep on coming here at Twin Peaks CG, OPCNM, Arizona!
Switching it up a bit today to keep things from getting stale:

A small ATC on a small truck...from California, I think. It was a drive-by past my campsite so didn't get a good look. But it had a lot of stickers on the back window and some kind of aero rooftop carrier

An Alaskan camper (!), cabover type, from Colorado.

#709 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,336 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 17 February 2021 - 10:59 PM

A small ATC on a small truck...from California, I think. It was a drive-by past my campsite so didn't get a good look. But it had a lot of stickers on the back window and some kind of aero rooftop carrier

wasn't us :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#710 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,336 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 07 March 2021 - 04:30 PM

Last Sunday morning, 28 February 2021, Julie and I were descending Hanaupah Canyon Road in Death Valley National Park. We had seen the Ford F-150 with a FWC the night before camped about a mile below us. As we approached we watched the theatrics of the top teeter tottering front to back as the occupant was trying to lower the top. "This guy needs some help," the Lady directed to me. I stopped and helped by explaining there was no way the top was coming down with the wind blowing in the back door. For some reason this guy was incredibly nervous. I have never been called "Sir" so many times in my life. As directed, he climbed inside and shut the door, turned the exhaust fan on high blowing out, and lowered the top. I got the latches for him.

"How long have you had your camper?" the Lady asked. "I picked it up four weeks ago," he answered.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users