5 replies to this topic

#1 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Welcome all you non-FWC/ATC/Alaskan/XP fans!
By popular demand, here's a sub-forum to post your brand-specific topics. :)

If your topics are of general-camper interest, e.g. solar panels, batteries, fridges, etc., please post in the general/primary Truck Campers forum so that all may see, contribute, benefit.

:)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,316 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

It works! It's alive! Thanks to the admin folks for adding this nice addition to the forum.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Looking forward to reading about the other pop ups.

#4 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Yea, some of us "others" are out there. So, I will start this off with a question for fellow Palomino owners or just owners of older pop-top campers in general. How do you repair the old vinyl windows/screening? And YES I already am a strong advocate of Duct tape :) but hoping for a more elegant solution.

Recommend that you start a new topic with your question/subject as the title.
Yours can be the first REAL topic in this brand new sub-forum!

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#5 SLO_F-250

SLO_F-250

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Great Idea Guys! I used to own a 1989 Skamper 060S. Did a full restore on it and documented the work. Its very similar to the Sun-Lite, Starcraft and Palamino's. Might have to add it here for other Skamper owners.

The Rig: Early 1999 Ford F-250 7.3L CC 4x4 (Build Date-02/98) - 218,xxx miles DIY Intake with S&B Filter, FBD 4" Exhaust, leveling kit, 285's, Mag-Hytec Diff Covers, 203* thermostat, CCV Mod, and Bilstein 5150's

My 1990 Hawk Restore

#6 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

Recommend that you start a new topic with your question/subject as the title.
Yours can be the first REAL topic in this brand new sub-forum!

Well, good to know this "other" forum is out there, and better to know there are already TWO Palomino owners here. My 1996 Palomino popup (an 8' Bronco model?) is so "new to me" it's still on a flatbed trailer at a friend's place across town pending coming home to my residence this coming holiday weekend. Soon I'll have the opportunity to more thoroughly explore and vet this piece of equipment, as I bought if off of a Craigslist ad within 3 hours of having first seen it, and with 3 others enroute to the seller's place around 90 miles from my home. Price was right, looked OK, so I just pulled the trigger, loaded her up, and headed back to town.

More later,

Foy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users