Rocket Box!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:23 PM

my buddy wanted to get it out of yard...free! pretty stoked! there is a little damage where it mounts to the bars, the plastic is cracked (hard to see in pics). any thoughts/advice on how best to reinforce/fix this issue? thanks guys!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMGP1541.jpg
  • IMGP1542.jpg

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#2 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 13 October 2007 - 06:03 PM

I wonder if fiber glass resin would stick to the plastic. If so, a few layers of fiber glass sheet and resin would make for a strong repair - probably stronger than the original plastic. You may have to ruff up the plastic a bit to get it to stick better.

#3 b team

b team

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:41 PM

Good find! I've been searching craigslist for a deal on one of those. Maybe try some aluminum? like a sandwich?
Free and Easy Down the Road I Go 2003 Eagle

#4 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationCentral California Sierra Nevadas

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:48 PM

Fiberglass matt and resin will work very well on the plastic.

#5 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:16 PM

thanks guys, used bondo fiberglass repair kit, worked really well, once the bondo dried i coated it with dublicolor bedliner caoting. will post pics soon. thanks again, cheers.

here's some pics of the "repaired box", not the prettiest but i think its sturdy...thanks again!

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users