• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

One other point about ratchet is you might over tighten it.
If you don't take the camper on and off often, give blue loc-tie a try. It should work. I use TorkLift fastgun it's spring loaded so they never become loose. :D I can see them so I don't need to check if they are loose or not. :P

#12 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:26 PM

waiting to leave for 2 weeks in saline valley and area (leaving next tues or wens) so have time to kill.reading about rachets or turnbuckles jays answer (nuts to hold)always works there are many sizes and types of turnbuckles on the market you should always be able to find set that would work for any use (there are plenty of sources besides home depot,boat supply stores have stainless steel ones that are bullet proof .i dont like alum ones as i have noticed that they tend to stretch? threads seem to get very sloppy with lots of use. seems like rachets would require to much distance (hooks on both ends ) plus also seems like it would take two hands to install,but then again if it works i have learned something new! just my 2 cents worth. drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users