#51 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,536 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 21 July 2022 - 07:20 PM

Hello Shap and the WTW crew,

Great posting here about these little beauties of campers! My wife and I had been eyeballing a slide-in camper for the past couple years but they've generally been out of our price range, until last week when we pulled the trigger on a 1990s Roamin' Chariot in good shape! Anywho, it looks to be the same slightly-longer-than-6' version that you've got and we'll also be installing it into a 1st Gen Tundra Doublecab. I was wondering what your installation looks like and any tips/pointers you'd give us since you've got a bunch of experience using yours in similar conditions as we plan to (frequent chunky mountain dirt roads, summer biking and winter skiing trips)?

A couple of specific questions are:

1. How much lift did you build into your base unit because it looks flush fit on the bedrails?

2. Are you through-bolted or using tie downs? If tie downs, where are your mounts and are they reinforced?

3. Any other pointers for securing for rough roads and semi-frequent install/uninstalls (not going to leave it on full time)?

We won't be available to actually pick it up for a couple weeks but wanted to reach out for advice on fitting it since you've got the exact same setup it appears! Thanks and hope you're having a lovely summer!

Zach

Hi Zack, welcome to WTW and congratulations on the new camper!  I just noticed that @Shap has not logged in since mid May.  You might try a private message if you don’t get a response.

I am haunted by waters

#52 Shap

Shap

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 October 2023 - 09:45 PM

ADCreHeJ7XtxqD9-_ta16rA3FmJQahixiYdblDQO

ADCreHd_AYL8ehuLmGfDazSG21X4YmxROFdIAXPe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users