• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:21 PM

We seem to get calls from time to time on how someone can find their camper serial number when buying a used camper.

I thought I would go ahead and post this for future reference for anyone searching the forum down the road ...

On the rear wall of the camper / passenger side there might be an ID tag. That would have the information listed.

It would be typed on the sticker, or etched in with a marking tool.

If your camper is older, it might be gone or totally faded off, or might not be there at all.

If that is not there, there should be a serial number written on the aluminum frame of the camper under the carpet that is at the very front of the cab-over bed area (inside – cabover bed area – behind bed cushion).

If you pop the camper roof up and pull down / pull out the cab-over bed cushion, usually in the front portion of the camper frame (Aluminum C Chanel) there is a strip of carpet tucked in there (inside / front nose of camper).

If you peel the carpet back, there is usually a serial number written in black pen. It will usually be in the driver's side / front corner written on the frame.

Another way that might work to be able to tell you more about the camper is if you bought it from the original owner and know their last name. I can pull it up in our old data base by name or number.

Or if you can e-mail me any picture of the camper. I can usually get really close on the year of the camper just by looking at it.

(SEE SAMPLE PICTURES ATTACHED)

Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails

• Serial Number (New Style ID Tag).jpg
  • Serial Number (Old Style ID Tag).jpg
  • Serial Number On Camper Frame # 1.jpg
  • Serial Number On Camper Frame # 2.jpg

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#2 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:14 PM

Thanks Stan,

That is great information for people looking for used campers. I think it great that you are willing to help people in this and other ways.

This speaks highly of your commitment and FWC as a business.

Keep up the good work. I would not hesitate doing business with you.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#3 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:11 AM

And if Stan's data base doesn't go back far enough I can still look up just any camper produced from 1993 to April 2001.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

email: benbntt@gmail.com

#4 Dirt Rider

Dirt Rider

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:03 PM

Stan,

Can I get a new statement of origen if I give you the serial #? Or other documentation I can give to the Insurance company.

20920-GX

#5 Dirt Rider

Dirt Rider

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 08:15 PM

Can I get a new boilerplate? decal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users