• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bosque Bill

Bosque Bill

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:01 AM

Here is a brief report about the overland course at the Expo and some photos to give you an idea. The last two photos are of my Tacoma and FWC Fleet:

Bosque Bill's Wild Ride

I hope to post a report about the rest of the Overland Expo tomorrow covering the camping, exhibits, demos, classes, etc.

"I'm not an expert; I'm an enthusiast!" - New Mexico, U.S.A - The Land of Enchantment

http://bosquebill.blogspot.com My Travel Blog

http://www.bosquebill.com My New Mexico Website

2013 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab SR5 V6 4x4 - 2013 FWC Fleet

#2 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

That is something I would like to do with my camper. I would like to know what its limits are and that seems like a safe place to find out. My truck is also stock but does have some gadgets like rear lockers and the atrac system. I haven't fully tested them yet (except inadvertenly with the atrac on slippery roads in the winter- it does help- and the downhill assist once on a steep hill with loose rock). I hope this summer finds us in some spots for further testing. Thanks for the report.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#3 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

Good for you, Bill. I was signed up to do that last year but chickened out.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#4 steelhead

steelhead

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNW Oregon

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for this report Bill. Good on you for taking your new Tacoma and Fleet on that course - looks like a great learning experience.

#5 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationVentura, California

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

Sorry to see that Range Rover lifting a wheel due to limited suspension travel. It likely has air suspension which has little travel and very poorl reliability as it ages. Kinda' sad because it was Land Rover themselves that showed the world that keeping all four wheels on the ground under twisting conditions is the best and safest. Land Rover used to offer no lockers as they weren't needed since the Defenders with the coils rarely ever lifted a wheel.

From Baja to the Arctic and all places between!

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Overland Expo, photos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users