2 replies to this topic

#1 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,592 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Do you all know about the advanced search function -- which is accessed as pointed out in the screen grab below, via the little wheel in the upper right?

seach-02.jpg

It's very handy, works well, to find forum posts (or other content), especially when you want to find content posted by a particular Member and/or want to narrow down the date range, etc.

For example, if I wanted to find what I remembered as leadsled9's description of the installation of his compressor refrigerator, I can search as shown below:

seach-01b.jpg

This search returns the results below:

seach-04.jpg

Now, the thread I was looking for wasn't the first result...but a quick scan down the list showed the thread started by leadsled9, -- mission accomplished. :)

This is especially useful for finding old posts now, after the recent (and generally fabulous) software update, with a lot of links-to-posts (contained within other posts) now mysteriously broken :blink:.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#2 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,255 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Mark, thanks for posting this helpful info!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#3 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

Good to know for future reference. Thanks.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users