Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

Continued...

After Installation
Drawer for odds & ends under the sink.
Storage of things needed when inside camper, folded curtains, flash light, first aid kit, etc.
Exterior lights, amber porch and dual floods, are controlled by switches on face of sink cabinet.

UnderSinkDrawer_zpsfd9c4313.jpg

Standard 2.5 gallon, plastic water containers, readily available everywhere and low in cost, excellent tasting water.
In remote camping situations I use the Katadyn Base Camp gravity flow water filtration system to refill any empty water containers.

UnderSinkStorage_zps4b0979a5.jpg

Miscellaneous Item Storage below Sink Cabinet
Easy Access from outside due to the way the door opens when not inside camper. Storage mostly of  items used outside (nylon line, carbineers, small essential tools kit, 1 lb propane canister, bungee cords, etc.), however, a few exceptions (some shower parts, extra toilet paper).

MiscellaneousStorage1_zps4f0c8532.jpg

MiscellaneousStorage2_zpse53cb8ad.jpg

#12 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

Continued...

Interior Removable Items

Folding Seats

Boat Seat Hinges, Small Folding Table Legs held in place with DuckWorks pole holders, Plywood Base & Back, 2” thick Foam, denser on seat than on back. I made the fabric covers in the same material as the factory bed cushions. Very comfortable. Can also be used outside if we have guests and not enough chairs.

SeatStorage_zps086ffded.jpg

SeatSet-Up1_zps91978238.jpg

SeatSet-Up2_zpsdee206d8.jpg

SeatSet-Up4_zps7ea70cfe.jpg

Front Seat Set-Up

SeatInPlace_zpsd926a751.jpg

#13 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Continued...

Removable Dinette Table (Storage & Set-Up)
My wife does like to eat indoors away from any flying insects, thus an indoor removable dinette table.
Two Piece, 13” x 36” each, Hollow Core Door with Formica Top (same as counter tops). The set-up process is to Prepare the Meal (standing), Set-up Chairs, Sit, Set-up Table, Set Place settings and food on table. Major factors are; Large Table Surface (26” x 33”), and Lots of Leg Room.

Pull out driver side table support.

TableSet-Up1_zpsaf6aa2ea.jpg

TableSet-Up2_zpsf060fca2.jpg

Table sections in storage in front of the Fridge/Freezer units.

TableSet-Up3_zps48b0d0bf.jpg

TableSet-Up4_zps83b55a18.jpg

TableSet-Up5_zpsb76646da.jpg

#14 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

Continued...

TableSet-Up6_zpsfcc46dac.jpg

TableSet-Up7_zps87a99984.jpg

Looking at rear seat set-up.
Yep, it's a compact set-up.

TableSet-Up8_zps85b72d32.jpg

So, how does the driver side table support work?
Here's a clue.

TableSet-Up9_zps0b265a6f.jpg

#15 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

Continued...

Climb into bed
I guess that many use the fixed in place couch or dinette seats to get up into the over cab bed area. We use the back side of a Single Table surface with a small stool as the first step.

Pull Out driver side step support (lower than the table support, yep, another one).

ClimbintoBed1_zps58104fcb.jpg

ClimbintoBed2_zps85587845.jpg

ClimbintoBed3_zpsb02e6e89.jpg

Step stool for first step up.

ClimbintoBed4_zpsf98b8e97.jpg

ClimbintoBed5_zpse74f7732.jpg

#16 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

Continued...

Interior Shower & Exterior Water Heater
Zodi Extreme Water Heater, Zodi Outdoor Shower Curtain, without the fiberglass poles (ordered as a replacement shower curtain). Utility Sink, cut down in height, legs also cut down just to allow enough room for the removable drain connection. Shower Curtain cut to a taper and sewn from the 4 foot top to fit into the utility sink, held in place with Velcro. Zodi Extreme water heater outside, 1 lb. propane canister for heat, original Zodi hose mated to hose connecting to camper. Regular hand pumping for water pressure, or can use my air compressor tank with exit regulator set to 20 psi. RV shower wand inside shower curtain. Nice taking a shower inside, when camped anywhere. I set up the Zodi Extreme water heater first, get the heating action going, and by the time the water is around the right temperature of 100+ F, I've got the inside shower set up and ready. 

Zodi Extreme Shower Heater and components storage location (passenger side front).

ZodiShowerTankandComponentStorage_zps440

Zodi Shower Curtain.

ShowerCurtain1_zps12f871bb.jpg

ShowerCurtain2_zps4bc87a9e.jpg

ShowerCurtain3_zpsd0f6a9e5.jpg

Utility sink made into a shower base.

UtilityPan1_zps06437e7b.jpg

#17 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:55 AM

Continued...

UtilityPan2_zpse69a3781.jpg

Zodi shower curtain attached to utility sink shower pan with Velcro.

UtilityPan5_zps42cc70e6.jpg

UtilityPan6_zpsce58cc98.jpg

Drain connected to shower pan.

UtilityPan3_zps95d53a4a.jpg

UtilityPan4_zps8af64775.jpg

UtilityPan7_zps550a6432.jpg

#18 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:56 AM

Continued...

External Zodi water heater connections.

ShowerExternalConnections1_zpsef268bed.j

Hot water IN on TOP, Drain OUT on BOTTOM.

ShowerExternalConnections2_zpsfcefc3fd.j

ShowerExternalConnections3_zps7e4269cc.j

#19 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

Continued...

Normal use of the Zodi Extreme is to heat the water with the air pressurization hand pump removed, so no pressure build up happens inside the water heater while heating the water. After the water reaches the desired temperature, the air pressurization hand pump is inserted and a person manually pumps up the pressure just like an insecticide sprayer. Unfortunately, when I go camping by myself, the amount of air pressure I can pump is not enough for me to have a nice shower. The Zodi Extreme has a pressure relief valve that is supposed to relieve excess air pressure after the shower and before the air pressurization hand pump is removed. As I usually just let the water empty out through the shower wand and then also allow the excess air to escape through the shower wand as well, I thought there might be a way to use my Vair compressor and 1 gallon air tank to provide enough air volume to make a nice shower when I camp alone. 

Zodi pressure relief valve.

ZodiPressureReliefInPlace_zps337b3a30.jp

Removed.

ZodiPressureReliefRemoved_zps2fda285d.jp

Air hose fitting in place.

ZodiAirHoseFitting_zpsa25d7f34.jpg

Vair, 1 gallon air tank with output regulator adjusted to 20 psi, and tank pressure at 95-100 psi, connected to the Zodi Extreme water heater.
Provides enough air volume at a steady 20 psi to completely drain the Zodi water heater. I can now shower when I camp by myself.

AirTankConnectedtoZodiHeater_zps42149eef

Shower Wand.

ShowerWand1_zpseb5cc4f1.jpg

ShowerWand2_zps73d54c4c.jpg

#20 Alley-Kat

Alley-Kat

Elder Statesman

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • LocationPacific Ocean

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

Finish...

Curtains
Velcro attachment, double layered dark fabric, super lightweight and no hardware extending into the interior of the camper.
Sorry no photos, however, they are on top in the "under sink drawer" photo above.

Rear Screen Perforated Aluminum Protector
Small dog protection for fragile window screen, no noticeable difference in air flow.
Same Aluminum perforated panel material as the compressor panels.
Perforated holes are not large enough to catch and hold small dog toenails, yet no noticeable difference in air flow, and I can still see out the back door when driving.

ScreenDoorProtector2_zpsed80dc73.jpg

High enough to protect the plastic screen material even if the dogs jump up.
Held in place by inserting in screen groove and with adhesive sealant.

ScreenDoorProtector1_zpsdfec3da1.jpg

Rear Porch
Power chair carrier for rear of any vehicle, solid, one-piece, receiver hitch mounting, may help with gas mileage due to rear under vehicle aerodynamics. I have had it off the other day and the gas mileage was 1.5 mpg lower than the same trip with the camper on the truck, not exactly a scientific test though. When I'm on the dirt and need a better rear departure angle I can remove it in about 5 minutes, wrap in a moving blanket and stow it securely anchored in the interior of the camper. It originally came with an ability to swing up and still be on the receiver hitch,, however, I thought the overall strength was compromised and it still stuck too far out the back past the truck receiver hitch. Back porch has an extended receiver hitch to protect the rear porch from following vehicle intrusions (yes, I've been nudged from behind) and to pull my lightweight, 150 lb., tongue weight of about 35 lbs., utility trailer.

BackPorch1_zps5b9684b0.jpg

Same step as for climbing into bed, to get up to back porch.

BackPorch2_zpsf12d086f.jpg

And, that's it.

I hope you enjoyed the trip down the rabbit hole into a different world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users