• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#261 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 12 August 2020 - 02:24 PM

Thx for your feedback on the interior paneling. very much appreciated.  i didnt want to bother atc with a bunch of newbie questions.

i am putting together a list of questions, but figure i will do that once i give them a  $ deposit - i am sure they have plenty to do these days.  marty did send me a note about lead times - 6 months

thx again

go

Oregon

#262 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:13 AM

Just put my $ deposit in for an ATC Ocelot shell.  your build write up helped with my decision to go with ATC.  i am going with a shell, and will do a minimal interior, with solar to handle the fridge and lights, etc..

only negative, is that delivery is months out.  but thats good for atc.   will give me the fall/winter to figure out my interior. 

Oregon

#263 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,333 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:19 AM

Just put my $ deposit in for an ATC Ocelot shell.  your build write up helped with my decision to go with ATC.  i am going with a shell, and will do a minimal interior, with solar to handle the fridge and lights, etc..

only negative, is that delivery is months out.  but thats good for atc.   will give me the fall/winter to figure out my interior. 

Congrats on your new camper. The wait will be over before you know it. Enjoy! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#264 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:11 PM

You’re going to be very pleased with your ATC.  Wonderful people to work with, great campers!

I am haunted by waters

#265 tct

tct

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 03:08 PM

Is it possible to see a photo of the bed slider without the cushions (photo of the hardware)?  We have a 2012 panther that we would like to install a slider to the bed.  

#266 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,333 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:46 PM

Is it possible to see a photo of the bed slider without the cushions (photo of the hardware)?  We have a 2012 panther that we would like to install a slider to the bed.  

Camper Slider

Wander the West member tct requested information on the design and components of the cabover slider that increases the bed space. Ours is a narrow camper and we sleep north/south (parallel to the camper length) and therefore require a longer slider. Other campers are wide enough where the occupants can sleep east/west and require a shorter slider if you wish to increase bed width.

The slider is constructed of 5/8" plywood with 3/4" thick of solid oak along the front edge.

Camper-Slider-006-copy.jpg

The oak is notched to pull out along oak frame rails (braces) mounted with screws into the camper framing.

Camper-Slider-001-copy.jpg

Camper-Slider-003-copy.jpg

The slider pulls out to a bump that keeps it from overextending.

Camper-Slider-005-copy.jpg

Camper-Slider-004-copy.jpg

The bump is usually a small rubber pad with a screw down the center. Instead, I installed ebony end stops with the inside edge faced with felt.

Camper-Slider-002-copy.jpg

When pulled out, the slider plywood overlaps the cabover board by approximately 6" for support.

Camper-Slider-007-copy.jpg

The slider side braces (oak) top edge is flush with the cabover.

Camper-Slider-008-copy.jpg

Detailed photos of both slide braces.

Camper-Slider-009-copy.jpg

Camper-Slider-010-copy.jpg

I hope this helps with needed details.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#267 cgsmith

cgsmith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 05:51 PM

The roof frame is completely covered in a good closed cell tape. It looks like the metal in some pictures.  If you look down to the picture with the roof skin you will see the tape on the edge. The insulation that is doubled up in the roof has a combined R value of almost 7. That is more than double of solid insulation.

Marty

Hey Marty and Ski3Pin, obviously this post is from several years ago, but wanted to follow up on insulation questions I have.  I have a 2008 FWC Eagle that has quite a bit of water intrusion in the PNW under my ownership.  I'm going to start renovating it soon, including a roof rebuild to address the water issue.  Existing insulation is fiberglass but it seems FWC has moved to foam board in recent years, and thus leads to my question.  Is All Terrain campers still using fiberglass instead of foam board? And if so, what is the actual product you used?  I can't find a 1.5" fiberglass bat with an R-value of 7.  Seems max R-value is about 2.9/inch in most research I've found.

For anyone else on this thread, has anyone redone insulation in a camper? Thoughts?

#268 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,333 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 06:34 PM

Hey Marty and Ski3Pin, obviously this post is from several years ago, but wanted to follow up on insulation questions I have.  I have a 2008 FWC Eagle that has quite a bit of water intrusion in the PNW under my ownership.  I'm going to start renovating it soon, including a roof rebuild to address the water issue.  Existing insulation is fiberglass but it seems FWC has moved to foam board in recent years, and thus leads to my question.  Is All Terrain campers still using fiberglass instead of foam board? And if so, what is the actual product you used?  I can't find a 1.5" fiberglass bat with an R-value of 7.  Seems max R-value is about 2.9/inch in most research I've found.

For anyone else on this thread, has anyone redone insulation in a camper? Thoughts?

Give Marty a call 800) 446-1003 and ask what fiberglass product they use in the roof. From my memory it is used for water heater insulation. I much prefer the fiberglass insulation in the roof over rigid foam board.

#269 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 07 December 2021 - 07:00 PM

CG, I also prefer the fiberglass insulation, and as mentioned by Mr 3Pin… Marty is the person to ask.  You might also ask about the roof renovation, it might be a better option if you’re redoing lift boards.   ATC does quality and affordable work.

I am haunted by waters

#270 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,955 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 07 December 2021 - 07:02 PM

I redid the roof of my Puma during my build out.  Used rigid and fibreglass.  Ski is right, they use a foil? backed product now at ATC.  When I redid my camper I made sure to get as near a complete "vapor barrier" as possible.  The addition of a layer of Reflectix on the ceiling was done for cosmetic reasons on my build (as you will see if you look at that) and we really like the end look/feel.

Ski, why do you prefer glass to rigid?  I have heard some folks complain about squeaking with the rigid stuff, but we've never heard any squeaking even in some nasty weather.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users