• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#261 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 12 August 2020 - 02:24 PM

Thx for your feedback on the interior paneling. very much appreciated.  i didnt want to bother atc with a bunch of newbie questions.

i am putting together a list of questions, but figure i will do that once i give them a  $ deposit - i am sure they have plenty to do these days.  marty did send me a note about lead times - 6 months

thx again

go

Oregon

#262 goinoregon

goinoregon

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationPDX

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:13 AM

Just put my $ deposit in for an ATC Ocelot shell.  your build write up helped with my decision to go with ATC.  i am going with a shell, and will do a minimal interior, with solar to handle the fridge and lights, etc..

only negative, is that delivery is months out.  but thats good for atc.   will give me the fall/winter to figure out my interior. 

Oregon

#263 ski3pin

ski3pin

Old Fart

• Site Team
  • 12,999 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:19 AM

Just put my $ deposit in for an ATC Ocelot shell.  your build write up helped with my decision to go with ATC.  i am going with a shell, and will do a minimal interior, with solar to handle the fridge and lights, etc..

only negative, is that delivery is months out.  but thats good for atc.   will give me the fall/winter to figure out my interior. 

Congrats on your new camper. The wait will be over before you know it. Enjoy! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#264 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 8,161 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 19 August 2020 - 02:11 PM

You’re going to be very pleased with your ATC.  Wonderful people to work with, great campers!

Real Dogs Have Beards - Fear the Beard
Tu Ne Cede Malis

#265 tct

tct

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 03:08 PM

Is it possible to see a photo of the bed slider without the cushions (photo of the hardware)?  We have a 2012 panther that we would like to install a slider to the bed.  

#266 ski3pin

ski3pin

Old Fart

• Site Team
  • 12,999 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:46 PM

Is it possible to see a photo of the bed slider without the cushions (photo of the hardware)?  We have a 2012 panther that we would like to install a slider to the bed.  

Camper Slider

Wander the West member tct requested information on the design and components of the cabover slider that increases the bed space. Ours is a narrow camper and we sleep north/south (parallel to the camper length) and therefore require a longer slider. Other campers are wide enough where the occupants can sleep east/west and require a shorter slider if you wish to increase bed width.

The slider is constructed of 5/8" plywood with 3/4" thick of solid oak along the front edge.

Camper-Slider-006-copy.jpg

The oak is notched to pull out along oak frame rails (braces) mounted with screws into the camper framing.

Camper-Slider-001-copy.jpg

Camper-Slider-003-copy.jpg

The slider pulls out to a bump that keeps it from overextending.

Camper-Slider-005-copy.jpg

Camper-Slider-004-copy.jpg

The bump is usually a small rubber pad with a screw down the center. Instead, I installed ebony end stops with the inside edge faced with felt.

Camper-Slider-002-copy.jpg

When pulled out, the slider plywood overlaps the cabover board by approximately 6" for support.

Camper-Slider-007-copy.jpg

The slider side braces (oak) top edge is flush with the cabover.

Camper-Slider-008-copy.jpg

Detailed photos of both slide braces.

Camper-Slider-009-copy.jpg

Camper-Slider-010-copy.jpg

I hope this helps with needed details.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users