Photo
- - - - -

5 days,120 miles 7.50 gals of gas,life is great!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:35 PM

just got back from short trip to the bradshaw trail area,spent the time railbiking,(the old eagle mtn rail line runs along the trail for about 30 miles)geo-cacheing,exploring some of the 4x4 trails that are in the area,and enjoying the holiday,we did the turkey bit by slow roasting a few turkey legs in the campfire coals while enjoying the almost full moon and many stars a big surprise was the amount of wild flowers in bloom this time of year there had been some rain 3 or so weeks ago in area with mild weather to follow,so mother nature did her thing and gave us flowers for the holiday!did not see any fwc or atc on trip ,kind of a surprise,as it is the best time of year to explore bradshaw trail area following pics show the country along the tracks (these tracks are not in use we only railbike on old track!!) also there are some repairs needed at times (wheel bearing froze up and had to be replaced)canyon is called red canyon ,where we camped for turkey feast,hope you enjoy our trip,drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les and Virginia (lqhikers)

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0717.jpg
  • DSCF0725.jpg
  • DSCF0733.jpg
  • DSCF0734.jpg

#2 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:41 PM

just a couple of more pics of turkeyday trip!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0729.jpg
  • DSCF0740.jpg
  • DSCF0738.jpg
  • DSCF0735.jpg

#3 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:01 AM

Les,
Great shots and trip report as usual, thanks.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#4 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:11 AM

Great pictures, thanks for posting. As you probably remember, I would have been there at about the same time. I'm keeping the Bradshaw trail at the top of my list of routes to take!

#5 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 24 November 2007 - 05:00 AM

You Guys do it right!

#6 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:10 PM

Really nice pix...thanks for sharing that with us.
Brian

#7 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 11:14 PM

lqhikers, awesome pics, sweet looking rig...i really like the eagle on the newer tacos...doesn't seem to hang over the bed rails as much as the older body styles. any idea how much wider the bed width is on your new truck compared to your old one?

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#8 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:39 AM

i did not measure old or new but just from looking at it and reading the sales lit i think it is about 5 inchs wider lit says 5 more inchs inside cab,but i think there is less room in bed since toyota went to "composite bed"just flared out fenders to match cab,real off road enginering! but i am using space between bed and outside to mount a 2.5 gal air tank in the space forward of wheel well on drivers side,don't know if i will be able to show mount as it is well hidden behind splash guards,but will show compressor etc when i finish.also on last trip tore off both rear mud guards when i was trying to back over a 10"rock again real good design! so have replaced all 4 flaps with soft rubber one that bend when you use toyo as you should be able to!starting to think that TRD stand for Rinka Dink Development .enough venting for now drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

#9 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:10 AM

My old Toyota had big mud flaps. I tore a few of them off several times while backing in rough terrain. I finally removed the rear flaps, and cut a few inches off the front. I determined how much to cut off by using a 2x4 as a "straight edge" and placed the front of it on the ground where the front wheels touch the ground, then angled it up to intersect a location behind the doors. That way any mud flung by the front wheels wouldn't hit the rocker panels where I egressed the truck.

#10 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:31 PM

I am toying (no pun intended) with taking the flaps off the Dodge as well. I tore the 2 back ones off and one front while backing. They're a PITA.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users