#1 mynxd

mynxd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationWest Vancouver, BC

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

I recently purchased this item ($32.98Cdn) after breaking the glass thermometer glued inside the cover of the Atwood thermostat which came with my camper. This item is in US Home Depot $26.23, and on E-bay for $8-$20 (some with free shipping).

I am very pleased with the way it works. Outside temps have ranged from 32F to 42F over the past 4 days, and it has controlled the temp inside the camper between 55F and 62F while I have been making/modifying some inside storage cabinets.

Installation

I tested the polarity of the 2 blue wires on the old thermostat. The positive side blue wire was connected to the R terminal and the other blue wire was connected to the W terminal. Due to the sixe of the blue wire, I had to remove the jumper wire between the R and Rc terminals supplied with the thermostat.

2010 Siverado 4x4, 2012 ATC Ocelot

#2 Ripperj

Ripperj

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

This is interesting, is that a Hydrotherm furnace? I am installing a 16kbtu Hydrotherm in my Alaskan, but bought the simple Atwood because I was not willing to part with $165?? For the digital one. I had read that a residential digital would not work-didn't understand why, a closed contact is a closed contact(unless some are solid state switches?)
Based on your results I will try the same one.
Thanks for taking time to post.

#3 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA.

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:19 AM

This is interesting, is that a Hydrotherm furnace? I am installing a 16kbtu Hydrotherm in my Alaskan, but bought the simple Atwood because I was not willing to part with $165?? For the digital one. I had read that a residential digital would not work-didn't understand why, a closed contact is a closed contact(unless some are solid state switches?)
Based on your results I will try the same one.
Thanks for taking time to post.

Any battery operated not battery back up electronic t'stat should work as long as it is rated for a millivolt system.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thermostat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users