#21 williak

williak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUtah, Inc.

Posted 17 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

Right, something tells me this guys legal problems just got a lot worse.

20 years of trespass and skating on fees is one thing, but threating law enforcement and obstructing traffic on an interstates highway takes it to a whole new level, seems like to me.  If LE backed down, it was because the situation became too volatile. Doesn't mean they  are going to just drop the issue.

#22 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:46 AM

I'm sure this guy doesn't like paying taxes either but he does. Why? Because he knows the IRS would come down on him like the wrath of the God if he messed with them. Despite how it's trumped up in these recent articles, the BLM is largely a toothless organization, as demonstrated by this latest incident.

#23 4llamas

4llamas

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSW Willamette Valley, Oregon

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:24 PM

Bureau of Logging and Mining (BLM) is how they are known around here. I know there are sincerely good folks within the organization, but overall BLM has earned a reputation of giving lip service to public interest and this incidence only bolsters that image.

I don't hold my breath waiting for justice to be applied to corporate criminals.  Maybe a few of the most offending individuals of the ranch supporting militia will be prosecuted (still not holding my breath) and maybe Bundy will remove his cattle and/or start paying fees, but compliance is not justice.  In my opinion justice would include sufficient punishment served to Mr. Bundy to dissuade others from taking similar actions.   

Edited by 4llamas, 17 April 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#24 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

We were also know as the bureau of lonely men, but we tried real hard to do our job, this guy used the system to keep his fight going and now Fox TV and the haters have taken over. Sorry, I worked in one of those  BLM places know for its environmental bent, and we wrote plans and butted our heads against the system and the pols all the time ---and we  won more than we lost! I was in that second wave of "oloigists" into the BLM in the early 70's and  sorry, most fed employees who work in the public land system  try to do their jobs-I mean like no one pays us allot of money to do what a rancher, environmentalist  or oil company wants-we try to follow the law,   Things like this happen more because political types and money over ride what the law says-like what happened here, but over time people like him will lose! Pissed off again, maybe this guy will end up doing more good for the heath of public lands and those who care, just because of how perfect of an example of whats wrong with the system he is-time to go sit on a mountain somewhere and have a beer! Sorry lost it again!

Smoke

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#25 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:05 AM

Hey Smoke, I know in my brief tenure with CDF I got to see how politics plays a role in almost everything. More than once we did what we needed to do before anyone found out. Strangest thing I ever saw was when I was working helitack and we got sent home from  a fire on NPS  property because the fire plan hadn't been approved yet. I can just imagine how its gotten since then.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#26 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 April 2014 - 02:21 PM

I for one appreciate what the public land managers do for all of us. They are paid little and work in a cumbersome system and try to do their jobs as best they can, whith I'm sure a few exceptions. It could be better if the Clive Bundys of the world would follow the example of the good people out there like Bud Purdy. RIP Bud.

http://magicvalley.c...1a4bcf887a.html

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#27 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,575 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:03 PM

I saw this today...

david-horsey-clive-bundy.jpg

I am haunted by waters

#28 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,762 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:08 PM

2X-and he didn't start grazing on the nearby public  land untill the early 1950's, a true american success story :D !

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 27 April 2014 - 08:19 PM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users