• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Flyfisher

Flyfisher

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2022 - 01:05 AM

Vic - I have both. Mostly use the rubber one since it is easier and faster and you can close the door from inside. Only use the more positive one when it is really windy.

#12 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,321 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 05 June 2022 - 01:45 AM

Can someone provide a link to the new door holder? Thanks.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#13 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,950 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 05 June 2022 - 05:14 PM

Vic - I have both. Mostly use the rubber one since it is easier and faster and you can close the door from inside. Only use the more positive one when it is really windy.

Had not thought of having both! Thanks for the idea.

A link would be great!

#14 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 06:29 PM

I cannot see a brand on it....don't know how to post an image.

Brenda at FWC would know if they out source it or have it made for them on contract.

I have too little exposure to other brand campers to know if it is widely used.

DG

#15 UncleDougie

UncleDougie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 20 June 2022 - 09:38 PM

DesertDave I LOVE the idea of the aluminum panel for the bottom of the door. When I've walked around the FWC area at Expo West it seems like everyone's lower door was beat up pretty bad.  Picking up my flatbed Hawk in August. CAN'T WAIT!!

#16 penner

penner

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 07:03 PM

Dave. Can you show/tell me which thermostat they install? want to replace the one in my Ocelot. Thanks

#17 Fly Fisherman

Fly Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 March 2023 - 10:41 AM

You can buy that latch any place that sells horse trailers. This is not new. Our Sundowner horse trailer came with these 20 years ago.

#18 JWL

JWL

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 March 2023 - 01:23 PM

The problem I have with that latch, which came with my 2020 Hawk, is that where it attaches to to door is not strong, basically hollow. So somehow, from leaning on the door getting in or out, bumping into it, the screen door flying open in a big wind…the door is now dented and even has a small crack. :/  Hopefully they have reinforced them somehow. 

2007 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab

2020 Hawk Shell

#19 JWL

JWL

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 March 2023 - 01:45 PM

Desert Dave.  Nice write up.  I take delivery on my Grandby in Mid-July.  I also got the 100-watt solar panel on the roof and the rear plug.  I had planned on getting the portable solar panel as well, but Sean Dempsey of Go-Anywhere, the distributor in Wisconsin suggested getting the WindWalker wind generator. That way I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket with solar.  Glad to hear about the thermostat.  That was going to be a planned mod so I guess I can take that off my list.

John

I don’t want to hijack this post but I would love to hear how the WindWalker is working out and how you mounted it?

2007 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab

2020 Hawk Shell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users