#11 jrfromafar

jrfromafar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationCentral California

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:44 AM

Too bad they won't make them available for the US market. indel B, an Italian company is working on a 12 volt unit now - SW Cube - looks really nice!

http://www.archiexpo...43-1189107.html

indel B also makes a good 12 v fridge.

http://www.truckfridge.com

#12 K6ON

K6ON

Old & Soft

• Members
  • 1,173 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

At one time I considered one of these:  http://www.americas-...onditioner.html

My plan was to remove the compressor unit from it's case and mount under the seat in my Grandby, vent it to the outside through a hole in the side of the floor pack (like turnbuckle holes), and pipe air tubes to each end of the camper. Unfortunately I never got to that project..maybe one of these days..

2007 Dodge 2500 5.9 CTD QC 4X4, *1996 FWC/ATC hybrid* *2021.5 GeoPro 19FBS*  "If you can read this, Thank a Teacher.  Because you read this in English, Thank a Vet."

#13 Get over it

Get over it

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:56 AM

Thanks for the recommendations. I have to add air.ATC is renewing lift Panels and liner in a a month.They referred any window AC as a " shaker".I live in the high desert (ca).I'm a 7 hour drive and turning it Into a mini adventure, traveling the coast back.But I Need to figure out AC post haste.Im still considering climate air as you can quickly disconnect both 6" tubes? And no discharging of AC lines, which I prefer.Well thanks for suggestions and starting this topic.Happy Trails

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

#14 jrfromafar

jrfromafar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationCentral California

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:08 AM

YW - hope you fine your AC solution. I like the idea from Old & Soft - the "Dog House" AC - but I think the company would do well to redo their marketing strategy - I know only too well feeling like my camper (formerly a trailer) is a dog house :)

#15 Get over it

Get over it

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

Hahahaha didn't see your link.

#16 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

I never thought about one under the seat and ducting it out. Interesting idea. When I decide I need one I'll look into that more. I've been thinking about a ducted unit for my bedroom as it just doesn't cool down in the afternoon.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#17 Get over it

Get over it

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationApple Valley

Posted 13 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Hahhaha, just watched Jr from a far video link again......with the wife.Warning Navcom level 4!! She's already dreaming ...
Any who in regards to the "climate right", I am eyeballing the 8 btu/2200 cubic feet being my calculations are within 400 cf.It seems the " little guy" camp trailers really use them and now offer as an option from factory.A couple of testimonials at their rallies in some hot weather . I'm measuring my real estate today, and probably going to order.I love the fact that disconnect for trailer removal does not require discharge or hard line removal.Only to "twist" off 6" hose or quick disconnect.
Happy Trails

#18 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationKlamath County, OR

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

The Cool My Camper units are nothing more than what's called a mini-split A/C.  They're readily available in the U.S. made by other companies.  They're available from both Home Depot and Lowe's and can be installed by a DIYer.  

Here's a video of one installed on a small travel trailer, and I've attached a spec sheet from one manufacturer.

--

Attached Files

Edited by Curmudgeon, 07 September 2014 - 07:47 AM.

Jim Price

curmudgeon: n. a crusty, ill-tempered, irascible, cantankerous old person . . . .

#19 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,000 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

Makes me wonder where they live that its removing that much moisture. Interesting idea though I'm not sure how practical for a pop up.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#20 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationKlamath County, OR

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:09 AM

Makes me wonder where they live that its removing that much moisture. Interesting idea though I'm not sure how practical for a pop up.

He's in Florida.  

Jim Price

curmudgeon: n. a crusty, ill-tempered, irascible, cantankerous old person . . . .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Air conditioning, pop up camper air conditioni

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users