I now have 17 nights in my new used ATC Ocelot we purchased in May and have compiled some questions for the collective (and I'm sure I'll add more as they come!).
1) I just refilled the propane tank for the first time and now there is an annoying tink, tink, tink when the camper rocks during normal internal movement like the float that gauges how full the tank is bangs around inside. After reading the tank it appeared maybe it was overfilled, so I bled it according to the directions until white liquid turned to gas expelled (while almost freezing off my thumb!), but that didn't solve the problem. Maybe that is just how it is while the tank is on the full side? A little disconcerting and annoying as it can be heard inside. Any input on this?
2)Any guidance in ensuring the CO and LP detectors are functioning properly besides the lights on/test button? My wife is super paranoid to use the heat without window/roof vent cracked which kind of defeats the purpose. I bought and installed a battery operated CO monitor for peace of mind but this is an uphill battle I think... On the same note what is the minimum ventilation you feel comfortable with while using the stove? Fan blowing out on low?
2) I have not hooked up the isolator to the car engine and really don't see the need right now as the solar and 2 deep cycles have worked flawlessly and I am never even near drained on the battery power with current usage. Very little overall draw, no fridge etc. But there is an annoying constant beep I can hear sometimes. I'm pretty sure it is coming from the isolator that also has a green light (but may be the MPPT solar controller). It is overall barely noticeable with the seat cushion in place and really only when I enter the camper when it is not in use- so maybe it only occurs when the main power switch is off, it would be nice to not hear it ever though. anyone have any ideas?
3) A few of the thin ferring strips in the ceiling that hold up the headliner have some breaks here and there. Are those structural in any way? It seems as though the roof's integrity is fine, I think the likely cause was the previous owners had a hard time getting the roof up before installing the helper shocks. I have been in pouring rain with no issues. Just wondering if those cracks/breaks in the strips should cause any major concern...
4) Any washing instructions for the ATC cushion covers? Would like to strip and wash, just don't want to mess them up/shrink them etc. General washing guidance for camper itself? I've done a couple light/quick power washes paying particular attention not to hit the pop seam and leading edge that drains to the bed too hard and doing an initial hand scrub on the bug suicide zone beforehand... I did read the general care instructions, 303 guidance etc for the pop up.
6) My water system fill indicator is definitely not right. Will only ever read 1/2 full (maybe 3/4 when topped off for the first gallon of use or so). Any guidance for a fix or troubleshooting? It would be nice to know when I'm low...
7) Any threads on upgrading the interior lights to LED's? Unsuccessful searching... Is it as easy as replacing the light itself with an LED with the same footprint or does the wiring need to change?
Thanks in advance for any feedback and sorry for the barrage of questions!