24 replies to this topic

#11 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

Another observation.   If I am not logged in, the posts (at least in this thread) appear to be in the future.   My computer clock is correct.  Does the system use a different time stamp for guests?

I've noticed the same thing...and I've always assumed that it's because the default time is the time at the site-hosting server -- presumably in some east-of-here time zone.  Or maybe the server just uses Universal Time (aka Greenwich Mean), no matter where the server actually is.  Either way, if the user doesn't have a profile then the site doesn't know what local time to assign;  apparently it doesn't use the user's computer clock.

The local time appears correct when/because you have it set that way in your Profile settings.

time-zone-setting-1.jpg

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#12 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

I may have found a cure... TBD w/time.

On a hunch, I went into the cookies, and deleted the WTW cookie, shut down the browser, then brought it back up and logged into WTW.   That was about 3 hours ago.   So far, no issues.   I'm not holding my breath, but...

I am haunted by waters

#13 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,017 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

I haven't had this problem. I wonder if its browser specific. Running chrome here.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#14 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:44 PM

I haven't had this problem. I wonder if its browser specific. Running chrome here.

I'm running Safari. I've also got FireWeasel (Firefox), but have not checked it. If my hunch proves out, I am going to suspect that somehow we got a dirty bit set at either the server, or on my machines. Since it's on all of my platforms, plus Smoke's, I suspect a server.

I am haunted by waters

#15 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:47 AM

FWIW, I'm running Safari on a MacBook Pro and no issues here.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#16 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

I may have found a cure... TBD w/time.

On a hunch, I went into the cookies, and deleted the WTW cookie, shut down the browser, then brought it back up and logged into WTW.   That was about 3 hours ago.   So far, no issues.   I'm not holding my breath, but...

Is WTW still remembering you without reminding it -- that is, did you cure it?

#17 JHa6av8r

JHa6av8r

• Validating
  • 510 posts
  • Location.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

Using Chrome and intermittently was being logged out, but now seems like every time. My username & password are there when hitting sign in.

#18 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,584 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Is WTW still remembering you without reminding it -- that is, did you cure it?

OK, I am on the iPad now, and it did remember me. I will go check the iMac in a minute.

Edit:   OK, on the iMac, and it remembered me.  So we are getting close to 24 hours without a problem.  Maybe we have a cure.

I would recommend that anyone else with an issue, try deleting the cookie for WTW, then close the browser, bring it up again, and log back in.   Then check it a few times.     Interesting, these toys of ours...

Edited by Wandering Sagebrush, 13 August 2014 - 02:08 PM.

I am haunted by waters

#19 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

Looks like you've figured it out, W.S.  Maybe it will work for others who are experiencing this glitch. :)

If someone using the Chrome browser has this problem and wants to try this solution but isn't sure how to find and delete the WTW cookie(s), here's how, below.

I had to search to figure this out -- I don't think I've deleted a cookie in a long time, so I figured there might be others who don't already know.

1. Click Settings
    chrome-settings-1.jpg
  2. Click Advanced Settings
    chrome-settings-03.jpg
  3. Click Content Settings
    chrome-settings-04.jpg
  4. Click All cookies and site data
    chrome-cookies-0.jpg
  5. Scroll down to wanderthewest.com and/or www.wanderthewest.com (I have both for some reason)
    chrome-cookies-1.jpg
  6. If you hover your cursor over one of these entries an "X" will appear on the right; clicking on the "X" will delete the cookie.  Or...
    chrome-cookies-1b.jpg
  7. Or...You can click on the entry and see the individual cookies, one of which should be "member_id".  You could just click on member_id and delete that one, and that might be enough.
    chrome-cookies-2.jpg

If anyone else has this problem and tries the delete-cookie solution, please report your results in this thread.

#20 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,293 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Mark,although I haven't had the problem thank you for taking the time to work this out.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users