Roof Lifting Device and Interior Mods

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dsrtrat

dsrtrat

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:23 AM

I was asked to post a picture of the roof lifting device I made for my camper.
It is made from 1'" and 3/4" steel tubing. The cleat on the side lets me lock it in place while I set the end panels. It is kept from moving at the top by bumpers that span the slide bolt on the rear lift point and also drawer pulls that keep it from moving forward or back. Rides on the floor out of the way. I am going to replace the hardware store pullys with some better sail boat hardware but it works pretty good as is. I can sit on the couch and raise the roof easily.

I also changed the cabinet somewhat adding two pull out tables and building a new drawer. I moved the drawer up to allow an undermount slide as well as full extension 100# sliders for the tables. I also added a shelf under the sink. I also have made several other mods and tweeked a few things. Solar and a Shady Boy awning are next.

Many thanks to everyone who has posted their ideas for me to copy and expand on. Great resource.
Desertrat

Attached Thumbnails

• truck 026.jpg
  • truck 029.jpg
  • truck 020.jpg

#2 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:16 PM

dsrtrat,
The mods look very good, great work. The reversed interior shot had me scratching my head a bit until I saw the next shot. Also, we recently bought the same folding step stool you have strapped to the rear wall, it's working out great so far. Thanks for posting.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#3 Star152

Star152

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:32 AM

Dsrtrat. great job could you post more pic on your lifting device. My device I made out of old crutches are kind of big and it looks like yours is more compact...Thanks
05 Ford F250 LB V10 04 FWC Grandby

#4 Buzz

Buzz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:06 PM

Nice work on the lifter. I have seen some good pulleys at Tractor Supply, too.

-Buzz

#5 flinchlock

flinchlock

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:45 PM

The reversed interior shot had me scratching my head a bit until I saw the next shot.

Me Too! :D

I won't have my Cougar until June and I can not wait to modify something... I really like the pull out tables.

What is it with people that have XY chromosomes (as opposed to XX) that have a deep down desire to modify/change stuff!!!!! :eek:

Mike

'08 ATC Cougar (built 06/16/08)
# of nights in camper: '08=15, '12=21,'13=16, '14=10, '15=52, '16=11, '17=20 (equals 145)

#6 RC Pilot Jim

RC Pilot Jim

• Members
  • 1,544 posts
  • LocationSan Diego Calif

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:36 PM

Bob M has a great video on the audio speaker lift Which we have been using about 3 years now. 

We have ithe inside roof lifters on our 2012 Eagle and a 26 pound 150 watt rigid solar panel on the roof which I located too

far forward. The audio speaker lift is an easy quick method (less than a minute each end) to put the roof up without further damaging my age 73 lower back discs.

Jim

Retired from truck camping June 2021

Our Basic Eagle/Fleet Shell Build

#7 munchmeister

munchmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:39 PM

Anybody have a link to a source for this audio speaker jack? What is the range of the jack you are using? Does it have to be put on to a box or something to get it high enough? TIA.

2015 FWC Raven shell, on a 2007 Ford F-150 XLT short box crew cab :D

#8 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

Anybody have a link to a source for this audio speaker jack? What is the range of the jack you are using? Does it have to be put on to a box or something to get it high enough? TIA.

http://www.guitarcen...c#productDetail

Getting ready to order one myself. As I understand it. Drill the rivets out of the tripod legs, Use the rubber tip cover of one or 2 of them on the top and bottom of the center pole. Best to make a socket on your ceiling lift boards for the top end of it.

I think there is a cordless drill adapter for it.

Edited by Squatch, 12 August 2017 - 07:07 PM.

#9 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

The site says they are in stock and ready to ship. Once you try to buy one it says backordered and will ship late Sept.

I checked a local store and they have one in stock so I'm heading down in the am to buy it.

Once again the arthritis in my shoulder is acting up. So I'll need it sooner than later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users