• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 26 January 2008 - 11:28 PM

KCO love it,every time i see all the great pictures and don't see all the crowds,we start planning another trip! keep the great trips and pictures coming,we can't get enough of them! drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

#12 buzzman

buzzman

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationCrossville, TN

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:09 AM

KCO, Great pictures! It's on my list of places to go. What time of the year do you think is the best time to visit?

2017 Ram 3500 6.4L gas SRW, CC, 2wd, 8' bed

2007 FWC Grandby--Sold

2015 Hallmark Ute XL

#13 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:36 AM

KC, as always, great pics and thanks for posting! looks like and unbelievable tour!

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#14 davinski

davinski

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:27 AM

KCO:

Man, those are nice pics. I can just imagine it now. Have not been there in a few years.....especiallly since moving to seattle....might have to make a trip down this fall.......

dave

#15 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:39 AM

I'm glad you guys are enjoying these. Thanks for the comments and compliments. We had a great time. I should have gotten this posted sooner, it was one of the best trips of the year.

We love Mokee Dugway but pam has to have a hood to do the climb. Have you done the float trip from Bluff to Mexican Hat? The one day trip is really worth doing?

I haven't done a float trip in that area. I would love to though.

The only good thing about being the passenger on the Mokee Dugway is being able to see more. Too dangerous for the driver to take their eyes off the road. It's a great little roller coaster ride.

Were there filters used in any of the photography???

Baja is officially on the back burner (for now)..

No filters for me. Some lucky shots, some were blown out. I wish I'd taken more in the sandstorm, those turned out cool. But I only took two pics to keep my camera out of the wind. Mark shot film and I don't believe he used any filters. I shot digitial mostly and just a couple with my 35mm.

This is a great example of how the grass is always greener on the other side. I've been fortunate enough to make several trips to Utah in the last few years but I've never been to Baja or Mexico. I love Utah, but now I just really want to sink my feet in the sand with beer in hand, on some quiet, remote Mexican beach...

What time of the year do you think is the best time to visit?

I like it a little cooler than some so I'll say September or October. I wouldn't want to be around in the summer months, too hot. March-April can still see the random spring snowstorm.

Mark made a good comment about not wanting to be in camp at Goosenecks SP during mid-day even in September. No trees = no shade. But it sure was nice at night with all the windows open, laid back listening to the nothing.

The Four Wheel Camper Review Thread

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

#16 captainkettel

captainkettel

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 03:11 PM

With photos like that your making Utah a very popular place! Hope you don't come to my neck of the woods. Otherwise there will never be a place to camp. It would be filled with people looking for the photos you've taken. I am planning a Utah trip in April. Mainly because of the fantastic photos you have taken. Can't wait to see the area in person! Thanks...

#17 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:25 PM

KC ...

You never cease to amaze me. As always, GREAT PICS and a nice write-up.

Thanks .

Marc

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#18 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

KC,
Fantastic pictures and write up, thanks. MV is another trip on our list and your report just confirms it. Great work.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#19 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

KC,
Thanks for sharing. Amazing pic and great write up as usual!

Alex

#20 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:47 AM

I don't know what it was, but the feeling I had driving through here, climbing over the rocks and peeking into the canyons was magical, almost spiritual. Here I felt on sacred ground. The Navajos know what they're talking about.

Giddieup:D Couldn't agree more.

KCO- You really need to stop posting these pic of my favorite places. I really don't want to share.
The're mine, ok? ;)
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users