#1 mojave joe

mojave joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationPinon Hills, Ca (Hi-Desert)

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:25 PM

Anyone with a rack on their outfitter? I was surprised to read in the manual that the roof is not designed to lift a load. Boy, I missed that when I bought it, Hallmark lifts theirs with a quad on the roof and mine can't handle a blow up kayak.

#2 enelson

enelson

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • LocationPrescott, Arizona

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:56 AM

You should be able to handle a light load up top.  Do you have the manual crank up heco system?  Hallmark still offers this with their EXC model, but their super manual and powered lifts are beefed up a lot with heavier gage steel tubes and other changes.

#3 mojave joe

mojave joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

This has the Happyjack driven wormgear.

#4 Bob Ward

Bob Ward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:18 AM

mojave joe I am Bob from Outfitter, I was reading this and I decided to chime in and answer your question. The owners manual is there to help with certain things, yes there are certain models that won't lift extra things on the roof because of the amount of things that were put up there when it was built, so to tell everyone they could put extra things on there roof wouldn't be a good thing without checking with us first, we usually tell people how much weight that is at time of delivery, we must of missed it with you (sorry). Your camper has an acme screw driven electric lift for the top, it is driven by a motor from happi jac  and if I remember right, your roof has an air conditioner and a solar panel on top so it could lift another 200lbs. 

#5 mojave joe

mojave joe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

Thanks Bob-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users