cold weather pack installation

FWC four wheel campers grandby arctic pack cold weather pack

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 2020

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:00 AM

My new FWC Grandby was installed in September. The cold weather pack was on backorder and was shipped to me some weeks later. It arrived without any installation instructions. I see that my Grandby has Velcro along the sides of the interior, but no Velcro on the front or back. I am not certain how to install this. Any advice?

Thanks.

#2 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,532 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:17 AM

The Velcro typically goes partially around the front and back, then tucks behind the lifting panels.

I am haunted by waters

#3 Kispiox

Kispiox

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • LocationPacific North West

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:23 AM

Just a little tip that works good for me.... Install the sides first, no brainier there...Then I fold back the material at the ends and use a dinner plate to tuck it in behind the ends.

#4 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

I had to wait for mine also and installed it a little differently.  First I rolled one side out and then I placed a hand on either side of the back window on the liner and set it in place making sure it was level.  I then moved slowly to the front adhering the top of the liner as I went.  I did the front corner getting it behind the lift panel and then got down and did the rear.  I pulled the bottom down and adhered it.  I followed the same procedure on the other side.  It took me around 15-20 minutes to do it all.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#5 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:52 PM

Good stuff; my liner is backordered too as is my rear awning, so I will also have some installing to do after I pick up my Eagle next week.

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#6 BobM

BobM

• Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

Contact FWC, I'm sure they will give you the instructions

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FWC, four wheel campers, grandby, arctic pack, cold weather pack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users