#11 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,335 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:28 AM

Very nice!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#12 MANXMAN

MANXMAN

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

I'll tackle the kitchen counter and cabinets next weekend.

Excellent work!

Looking forward to seeing more of your interior build.

2014 F150 S/C V8 4X4
2014 ATC Manx Flatbed Pop-Up Camper

2017 F350 S/C V8 4X4

2017 ATC Manx Flatbed Pop-Up Camper

#13 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:26 AM

I got my four cushions for my side dinette back from the upholsterer yesterday and they turned out great. I mounted up the seat back on the rollover hinge and the rest fit into place perfectly.  This lower bed is only 16" wide, but it's plenty of room for a sleeping bag.

IMG_0351.JPG  IMG_0352.JPG  IMG_0355.JPG

It's been a little too cold to work outside on this, so I'll do some indoor projects like curtains until it warms up.  

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#14 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:45 AM

Your hinge and cushions look great. Job well done. 

#15 rvsixer

rvsixer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

This looks great.  Sorry if I missed it, but what is the distance from the outside edge of your dinette seats to the inside camper wall?

I am contemplating a Bobcat/Fleet shell build, and trying to get an idea just how wide I can go on a side dinette/rainy day lounging area and still have usable galley width.  Thanks!

#16 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 21 December 2014 - 07:39 PM

How tall are your seats, can your feet touch the floor setting down? Looks like the cushion bottoms are even with the side by the window. I made mine so the top of the cushions are even with the side of the window. I did this so it feels wider than the cushions when in a bed. The wife would have liked the seats lower as her feet do not touch. 

#17 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:21 AM

This looks great.  Sorry if I missed it, but what is the distance from the outside edge of your dinette seats to the inside camper wall?

I am contemplating a Bobcat/Fleet shell build, and trying to get an idea just how wide I can go on a side dinette/rainy day lounging area and still have usable galley width.  Thanks!

The outside edge of the cushions is exactly 26 inches from the camper wall, with 16 inches of it being the cushion width.  I considered making the seats a little wider, but like you said, I wanted plenty of room between the dinette and the galley.  I've since tried it out and I'm very happy with only 16 inches of cushion width.

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#18 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

How tall are your seats, can your feet touch the floor setting down? Looks like the cushion bottoms are even with the side by the window. I made mine so the top of the cushions are even with the side of the window. I did this so it feels wider than the cushions when in a bed. The wife would have liked the seats lower as her feet do not touch. 

You're right Bill, my cushion bottoms are even with the sides, so I do have a 4" drop down in that space between the cushions and the side of the camper.  I initially wanted the seats to be flush with the sides, like yours are, but it would have felt like I was sitting at a kiddie table, so I raised them up a bit.  My feet are able to touch the floor completely.  Plus, I've found that even with a 4" drop down on that side of the bed, I can still sprawl over the edge and be reasonably comfortable.

#19 rvsixer

rvsixer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:34 AM

The outside edge of the cushions is exactly 26 inches from the camper wall, with 16 inches of it being the cushion width.  I considered making the seats a little wider, but like you said, I wanted plenty of room between the dinette and the galley.  I've since tried it out and I'm very happy with only 16 inches of cushion width.

Thanks for the info, its really helpful.  I have a 30" wide number in my mind (entire dinette area turns into a large flat area like Ambling1 did at http://www.wanderthe...ge-6#entry99798).  That way after dinner the wife and I could kick back in opposite corners with legs stretched out reading or whatever, dog in the middle of course :) .

It appears 30" wide may make things a little tight in the galley however.  I currently have big arse full size truck so could easily accomodate a wider camper, but retirement is looming and wanting do downsize pretty much everything including the truck, so hoping to make a 72" wide camper work.

Doable or not, hard to know.  I must see Bobcat size campers in person somewhere.

Edited by rvsixer, 22 December 2014 - 03:35 AM.

#20 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:59 PM

Thanks for the info, its really helpful.  I have a 30" wide number in my mind (entire dinette area turns into a large flat area like Ambling1 did at http://www.wanderthe...ge-6#entry99798).  That way after dinner the wife and I could kick back in opposite corners with legs stretched out reading or whatever, dog in the middle of course :) .

It appears 30" wide may make things a little tight in the galley however.  I currently have big arse full size truck so could easily accomodate a wider camper, but retirement is looming and wanting do downsize pretty much everything including the truck, so hoping to make a 72" wide camper work.

Doable or not, hard to know.  I must see Bobcat size campers in person somewhere.

I do like the way Ambling1 did his Ocelot--it's very versatile.  I think the Ocelot is a little wider than the Bobcat, so 30" is a little more doable.  Also, Ambling1's galley counter top doesn't extend all the way to the door frame, so that buys him a few more precious inches.  I'm like you, I wanted to not only downsize, but also lighten my load as much as possible.  That's why I went with the Tacoma/Bobcat combination. I also took into account my dog's size (a yellow lab), who needed enough room on the floor the stretch out.  I'm over in Reno if you're close, you can check mine out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users