• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 rvsixer

rvsixer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:15 PM

Thanks for that offer to check out your camper, but I am down in socal so visiting the factory is closer (I think, haven't mapped it out). FWIW, the Ocelot is available in either 72" or 78" widths (Ambling1's is 78" so does have the extra width). Your build looks great can't wait to see pics of it being enjoyed out in the field!

#22 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:43 PM

I started to build the dinette table for my Bobcat.

IMG_0356.JPG

I cut out the table and rounded the corners...

IMG_0357.JPG

I cut out a piece of vintage "Boomerang" Formica to match...

IMG_0360.JPG

I glued the laminate to the table top and put on an aluminum edge band...

Now I'm just waiting for more hardware to arrive before I can actually mount the table in the camper.

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#23 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 25 December 2014 - 03:18 AM

Nice vintage look!

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#24 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

So, the weather was nice enough last weekend to get a little more work done on my Bobcat.

IMG_0365.JPG

I started to build my main counter and storage cabinet.

IMG_0367.JPG

I have some large openings that will each hold a big plastic bin instead of drawers.

IMG_0368.JPG

Four bins fit perfectly and should be enough storage for most of my gear and food.

I still have to put face frames on the cabinets and do a lot of finish work as well as

laminate the Formica counter top and mount my sink and cooktop, etc.  I'll have to 

wait for warmer weather to do any more, but she's coming along.

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#25 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:05 PM

So, as the nice weather continues, I've gotten a few more things done to my Bobcat.  

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

I got the face frames attached to the cabinets and put on some aluminum trim to protect the face frames when I slide the bins in and out.  I also painted the cabinets to match the rest of my additions.

IMG_0374.JPG

Here's how it'll look with the bins in place.  I might have to add a nylon strap to hold the bins in place while I'm driving, but I'm going to see how it does without them first.

IMG_0372.JPG

Some things you just have to have...

#26 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

Lots of easy accessible storage! Nicely done.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#27 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:30 AM

Nice job.  Will you have doors or will things be open?

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#28 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,020 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:46 AM

Very nice. I wish I had your skills.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#29 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:18 AM

Nice job.  Will you have doors or will things be open?

They'll be open.  I don't like doors in small campers because you need all of that swing space to be clear in order to access your gear.  The face frames have a little bit of a lip on the lower rung and I'm hoping that'll keep the bins from sliding out.  If they do slide out, I'll attach a nylon strap along the length of the cabinet to hold them in.

#30 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

The absolutely gorgeous weather allowed me to get my Bobcat's dinette table fabricated and installed.

IMG_0378.JPG

I laminated some vintage Boomerang Formica onto a small sheet of stainless steel I had lying around the house.  It makes for a nice thin profile.

IMG_0377.JPG

It can fold up...

IMG_0376.JPG

And swing away...  I can travel with it in this position, but it'll probably rattle some screws loose if I'm on a lot of rough roads.

IMG_0379.JPG

I mounted this small track of aluminum channel to the floor to better help stow the table when not in use.

IMG_0380.JPG

I bolted a lever clamp to hold the top of the table when it's stowed.

IMG_0381.JPG

Here it is when stowed.  It's in there solid AND the table also serves the purpose of keeping my bins in their cubby holes.  

I probably wont use, or even take, the table on most of my trips, but if I'm expecting bad weather, it'll be nice to have when you have to hunker down inside more than usual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users