Mic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Texas

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:40 AM

Well my 2 cents worth!

I toured all three pop up camper manufacturers...certainly there were those that offered options and many extras...I choose FWC because I thought they made the best, impressed me with service, warranty follow through and they tend to be the lightest!!!

I felt they were the best unit for off roading/boon docking...I wanted simple! I have had trailers/big cab-over campers/5th wheels...

I also enjoy making my truck/camper/ATV mine by customizing it to suit me!!!

When I picked up my camper there was a electric problem...I was over whelmed by the FWC staff in getting it fixed and certainly they went above and beyond!!!!

They have earned my trust!! 

If there was a perfect rig then we'd only have one maker of trucks/cars/house's/etc.

#22 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:43 AM

The FWC flat bed models are NO pull-out cabovers with storage underneath the bed but still in the East-West configuration.  However to do that the cabover height is increased.

Our Phoenix has that storage. It's not as useful as it might seem. Can only access when the top is up due to needing to lift the plywood that the mattress rests on. I have debated having 3 "drawer fronts" made to allow top down access. The volume is divided into 4 sections, but one is buried behind the fridge.

I told both when I talked to them that I understood that the cab-over height would and should increase with a longer reach over the cab. With increased length any cantilever beam should also increase in depth.

Thom

Where does that road go?

#23 100acrehuphalump

100acrehuphalump

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • LocationIn a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

This isn't a complaint. This is a suggestion. In order to save space and weight, it would be nice if they would consider using an on demand hot water system. No need for a 6(?) gallon holding water heater. I have an Eccotemp L5 which ignites with two D cell batteries. It runs on propane and as long as you have a 20 psi pump which they already install in their campers, I think it would be not only less expensive but lighter and less space consuming...
2012 F150 XL V8, 4X4, S-Cab, Warn VL 10,000, Bull Bar, E Rated Cooper Discoverer AT/3, Rigid Industries Dually Spots
2015 FWC Hawk
M416 Expedition Trailer
Bayleaf Woof!

#24 DanT

DanT

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:46 AM

This isn't a complaint. This is a suggestion. In order to save space and weight, it would be nice if they would consider using an on demand hot water system. No need for a 6(?) gallon holding water heater. I have an Eccotemp L5 which ignites with two D cell batteries. It runs on propane and as long as you have a 20 psi pump which they already install in their campers, I think it would be not only less expensive but lighter and less space consuming...

I always considered the extra 6 gallons a big plus, 30% more water storage.

This being my first post of 2015, I'd like to wish all members of this forum / family a Happy & Healthy New Year.

#25 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:35 AM

I always thought on demand systems were pricier. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#26 idahoron

idahoron

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

I would like to see a cab high model with tents that pop out from the side. The center would be living area and the side walls fold down with a tent cover. The top pop up for hight, but when down it would be the same as the truck roof.  That isn't "like to see option" that is more like a like to see camper. 

#27 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

I would like to see a cab high model with tents that pop out from the side. The center would be living area and the side walls fold down with a tent cover. The top pop up for hight, but when down it would be the same as the truck roof.  That isn't "like to see option" that is more like a like to see camper. 

Sounds kind of like a FLIPPAC.

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#28 100acrehuphalump

100acrehuphalump

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:48 PM

I always thought on demand systems were pricier.

My Eccotemp L5 cost $140.00 at CAMPINGWORLD and those people are usually too expensive. There are a number of other makes and models out there for cheap on amazon. Like Triton. Eccotemp makes a more permanent mounted model called the L10.

Edited by 100acrehuphalump, 03 January 2015 - 01:48 PM.

2012 F150 XL V8, 4X4, S-Cab, Warn VL 10,000, Bull Bar, E Rated Cooper Discoverer AT/3, Rigid Industries Dually Spots
2015 FWC Hawk
M416 Expedition Trailer
Bayleaf Woof!

#29 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,014 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

That'd sure gain me some space plus I hate having the pilot light using up propane. It would be even better if it ran off 12volts. Thats something I'll have to give some more consideration to.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#30 100acrehuphalump

100acrehuphalump

• Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

That'd sure gain me some space plus I hate having the pilot light using up propane. It would be even better if it ran off 12volts. Thats something I'll have to give some more consideration to.

They ignite with two D Batteries, and it runs from the pump. I'm opting to get just the outside shower hookup and no heater. I can appreciate the need for an additional 6 gallons which the stock water heater holds, but I can carry an extra 5 in a jerrycan.
2015 FWC Hawk
M416 Expedition Trailer
Bayleaf Woof!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FWC, four wheel campers, options

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users