• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Tacovendor

Tacovendor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:25 AM

Sad when your son shows up with his Hawk and parks next to Dads Raven and you realize how nice that dinette is! Glad you have it, now lets explore.. 

#22 photohc

photohc

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • LocationSo. Calif.

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

The chairs are crazy expensive at $100.  We bought them because they store away in a very small bag that can fit in a small space in the camper and are very light.  We are trying to outfit the camper with mostly backpacking gear to keep the weight down.

We also really like the lithium iron phosphate (LiFePo4) battery pack /w Electrodacus BMS and Global Solar system that we added, but it would take another thread to discuss.  These batteries also help keep the weight down.

Would love to hear more about your LiFePo4 battery and the Electrodacus battery management system. How's about a new thread on that?

Ford 2018 F250 FX4,Lariat, Gasser. FWC 2013 Hawk W6QN (formerly KH6FBU)

#23 enelson

enelson

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • LocationPrescott, Arizona

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

Would love to hear more about your LiFePo4 battery and the Electrodacus battery management system. How's about a new thread on that?

OK, I'll snap a few pics today when I'm cleaning up the camper.

#24 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

The chairs are crazy expensive at $100.  We bought them because they store away in a very small bag that can fit in a small space in the camper and are very light.  We are trying to outfit the camper with mostly backpacking gear to keep the weight down.

REI has some chairs like the Helinox for about $70, very nice. Major difference is 250# capacity for the REI chair vs 320# for the Helinox.

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#25 enelson

enelson

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:02 PM

I'm not sure what we actually paid for the chairs.  The girlfriend is an accountant that lives to save a buck.  She did the shopping.

#26 enelson

enelson

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:38 AM

I started a thread about the battery system 

http://www.wanderthe...rk-k2/?p=110449

#27 bnf3

bnf3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSacramento/Lone Pine

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:45 PM

Congratulations and good to hear about your experience.  I just ordered a 2015 Hawk.  I too, went with front dinette and no toilet or shower.  Looked like a lot more storage with front dinette and no big side window.  Is that front table area roomy enough?  I little late for that I know but we had to go with something.

#28 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

Congratulations and good to hear about your experience.  I just ordered a 2015 Hawk.  I too, went with front dinette and no toilet or shower.  Looked like a lot more storage with front dinette and no big side window.  Is that front table area roomy enough?  I little late for that I know but we had to go with something.

We love our front dinette.  We watch movies there and the seats in the grandby have plenty of room.  I assume the seats in the Grandby and Hawk are the same and it is the cabinet area that is shorter, but I don't know for sure.  jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#29 bnf3

bnf3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSacramento/Lone Pine

Posted 02 February 2015 - 03:31 PM

Thanks a lot for that, too much post purchase thinking.  The seats would have to be the same.

The Hawk will go on my 2006 Tundra DC 4x4 unless I go crazy and upgrade the truck.

#30 enelson

enelson

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:38 AM

We love our front dinette.  We watch movies there and the seats in the grandby have plenty of room.  I assume the seats in the Grandby and Hawk are the same and it is the cabinet area that is shorter, but I don't know for sure.  jd

I'd check on that.  I think FWC told me that the front dinette was larger in the Grandby than the Hawk.  I like the front dinette but I couldn't convince the girlfriend in it's benefits.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hawk, 2014 Toyota Tundra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users