• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mk10108

mk10108

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:05 AM

Just purchased a used Grandby.  Sorry folks no grand adventure for me.  Two laps around the planet, a small skirmish under my belt and seen enough wilderness to last a lifetime, I have no desire to leave the hardball.  Plan to used my FWC as a mobile office.

Nothing wrong with the current insulation...no leaks or mold, just tinkering with a bit of R value.  One inch of fiberglass insulation has an R value of 3, how about we double that using foam. I started with foil sided EPS. 

Starting with EPS.JPG

EPS is lower right, note the foil was not glued well & R value 3.5.  After cutting a few panels, I switched to Rmax Thermasheath.  R value is 6 and both sides have kraft laminated with foil.   Stuff cost twice as much, almost twice the R value but more important it's easier to work with.  Cutting EPS was ok but a pain to trim (small adjustments to size...framing is not square).  Cut & trim with a Japanese Hand saw, much easier

J hand saw.jpg

After reviewing the how to remove the big window on this website, it was easy except for the frame, one poster sayed he could pull staples out...tried that method but switched to CAREFUL prying with a screw driver and popped them staples right out.

Prying the window.JPG

Window sealant was buggered on original install.  Good thing this unit was stored in a garage.  Need to get new sealant strip.

Love quality work.JPG

Took some orders for tacos.

Taken orders for tacos.JPG

Tomorrow the back panel...oh what fun supporting the roof, can't wait.

Edited by mk10108, 23 December 2014 - 07:11 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rebuild

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users