8 replies to this topic

#1 Yetirider

Yetirider

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBreckenridge Colorado

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:09 AM

After much research and looking on every rv website imaginable, I have decided to go with a FWC raven shell.  It seems that FWC has the perfect camper for my needs. The information that I have gleaned from this website has been invaluable and I have been inspired by the shell owners who have done their own builds (especially Bill Harr).  Yesterday I met Chris Janeway from Rocky Mountain FWC at the international sportsmen expo in Denver and that is when I placed my order.  Anyway in 12 weeks I should have a new Raven shell to play with.

Yetirider

#2 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:18 AM

Congrats on your order. What type of build are you planning? Full, minimal or in between?  Looking forward to your build.

#3 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,599 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:19 AM

Congratulations, and welcome to WTW. :)

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#4 enelson

enelson

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • LocationPrescott, Arizona

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:53 AM

After much research and looking on every rv website imaginable, I have decided to go with a FWC raven shell.  It seems that FWC has the perfect camper for my needs. The information that I have gleaned from this website has been invaluable and I have been inspired by the shell owners who have done their own builds (especially Bill Harr).  Yesterday I met Chris Janeway from Rocky Mountain FWC at the international sportsmen expo in Denver and that is when I placed my order.  Anyway in 12 weeks I should have a new Raven shell to play with.

Yetirider

That's great!  We were headed to the show but the warm weather called us down to Lake Pueblo for some rare winter riding on dry trails.  It sounds like you had a worthwhile trip to the ISE.

#5 GroovyDad

GroovyDad

• Members
  • 765 posts
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:27 AM

Congrats Yetirider on your new Raven.  I think you'll find building out your own shell is almost as fun a camping in it.  I look forward to you pics.  Now the anxious wait begins...

"I only went out for a walk, and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in." —John Muir. http://aimlessroamer.blogspot.com/

#6 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

Yetrider. 

Welcome to the group.  Can't wait to see the pictures of your build.  Everyone does it differently and there are so many great ides.  We all like to be along for the ride and the pictures are a way for us to have almost as much excitement as you have doing all of the work.  We can sit at the computer with a beer and enjoy.

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#7 100acrehuphalump

100acrehuphalump

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • LocationIn a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

I look forward to seeing the buildup. Now is the time for planning and patience.
2012 F150 XL V8, 4X4, S-Cab, Warn VL 10,000, Bull Bar, E Rated Cooper Discoverer AT/3, Rigid Industries Dually Spots
2015 FWC Hawk
M416 Expedition Trailer
Bayleaf Woof!

#8 NorCalHawk

NorCalHawk

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationHumboldt County, California

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:03 AM

Congrat's and welcome to the team. Looking forward to seeing your build.  This site (members) is simply saturated with endless talent and experience.  Keep us updated...      

#9 resto

resto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationPacific Nothwest

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

A shell - the only way to go. Customize to suit your needs.

1988 Toyota Truck 4WD

1989 Ranger II - 4WheelResto

"Form follows function" - Sullivan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users