3 replies to this topic

#1 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 22 May 2007 - 01:49 AM

Been wanting more storage and I never actually used the ice box. I was very happy, I have even more storage now than I anticipated. Also, I expected to have to do some interior work, but other than removing two small pieces of wood I didnt' have to do anything to the interior. Here's some pics. A buddy of mine was doing a piece of marine grade mahogany plywood for his boat at the same time and he volunteered a piece for the door. This is with teak oil on the door. Not a perfect match but close enough for me.

Attached Thumbnails

• S5300033 (Small).JPG
  • S5300034 (Small).JPG
  • S5300036 (Small).JPG

#2 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 03:04 AM

thats a great idea, looks like it opened up a lot of space. i have one of those portable buddy heater too, those things are great! just curious, why didn't you use/like the ice box? looks good

#3 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,771 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:46 AM

Hi craig333,

Looks great!!! I had an ice box in my old Fleet model. When I bought it I installed a new one. The ice box was trerrible. Just used an ice chest. I wanted to do just what you did, but just left the ice box in and used it as a food locker. Have you thought of putting a half depth shelf near the top with a front lip for small storage?

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#4 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:11 AM

Too small and not enough insulation plus I've just become accustomed to carrying a couple ice chests.

The idea of a shelf did cross my mind. I need to look at my gear and make sure I don't need all the height. If I don't have anything that needs it I'll put in a shelf.

The heater buddy is just a backup and or for outside use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users