• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#101 kmacafee

kmacafee

• Members
  • 296 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul, MN

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:39 PM

I dont really have any issues with my 2012 Eagle.  What I hate is the turnbuckle attachment system.

#102 Timothy McGowen

Timothy McGowen

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:29 AM

I did convert my rollover couch on my 2012 Hawk into a side dinette configuration. I'm reasonably handy and it took maybe 50 hours. However, part of that time was building and installing full extension drawers in several spots including under one of the new seats and designing/building an inside shower and foldable shower pan.

Love the drawers. Wish I was handy enough to do it.

Would love to hear and see more about the shower.

2016 Ford F150 SuperCab 4X4 Lariat 2.7 EcoBoost Engine

2016 FWC Hawk Front Dinette Silver Spur

#103 idahoron

idahoron

• Members
  • 646 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

I am three and a half years into my camper ownership. I am pleased that for the most part I am happy with the purchase. I would like to try out a front dinette. The roll over couch is great for my son to sleep on but for sitting and watching a Movie at night is stinks. It is super uncomfortable.

I added a Sleeping pad from walmart. It was a memory foam 4" thick I think. I just put it on top of the cement pad from FWC.

I do wish I would have had a over the bed vent with fan installed. I also wish I would have don't the rear lights.

But like I said for the most part I am happy and use it a LOT. Hunting, Fishing, Camping. I think the one thing I use mine the most for is going to marathons and 1/2 marathons. My wife is a runner and I end up- tagging along a lot. I got to the race and pop the top up and watch a movie or read. I do enjoy my camper. 

#104 Durango1

Durango1

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

Love the drawers. Wish I was handy enough to do it.

Would love to hear and see more about the shower.

Thanks, Tomothy! Basically I imitated FWC's shoer curtain arrangement by scrweing small hooks into the aluminum struts in my camper roof. I then put up  a shock cord and a nylon shower curtain on them and ran a shower hose up from my sink and hung it off the roof.

The shower pan I had fabricated from heavy duty PVC (the same stuff they make professional rafts out of- cost 50.00) that was about 2' x 3' x 16" high. It has stick on velcro that matches velcro on my benches and cabinets.

Put the shower curtain inside the "pan, shower away and then pull the collapsible pan (Usually had about 3-4 gallons after my wife and I showered) out the back door and dump it. Then fold the curtain and pan up and done!

I now have the built in shower from FWC in my flatbed hawk but honestly what I designed was just as easy.

20150825_191748_1.jpg

#105 crumbs

crumbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

Nope.

2wd  Looking for a New Puma Shell 78" wide with a 60" interior closed height.

#106 Timothy McGowen

Timothy McGowen

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • LocationOceanside, CA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:45 PM

Thanks, Tomothy! Basically I imitated FWC's shoer curtain arrangement by scrweing small hooks into the aluminum struts in my camper roof. I then put up  a shock cord and a nylon shower curtain on them and ran a shower hose up from my sink and hung it off the roof.

The shower pan I had fabricated from heavy duty PVC (the same stuff they make professional rafts out of- cost 50.00) that was about 2' x 3' x 16" high. It has stick on velcro that matches velcro on my benches and cabinets.

Put the shower curtain inside the "pan, shower away and then pull the collapsible pan (Usually had about 3-4 gallons after my wife and I showered) out the back door and dump it. Then fold the curtain and pan up and done!

I now have the built in shower from FWC in my flatbed hawk but honestly what I designed was just as easy.

Thanks for the reply.

2016 Ford F150 SuperCab 4X4 Lariat 2.7 EcoBoost Engine

2016 FWC Hawk Front Dinette Silver Spur

#107 jsduty

jsduty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc

Posted 22 February 2022 - 07:50 PM

Well, I'm going to bump this again. I have spent 5 years researching and planning the purchase of a new GRANDBY.  Ordered last April, and now it is ready for the install.   Ordered with a role over couch for function not cost.  and it showed up with the front dinette. 

Please tell me everything is going to be ok.  Spent a lot of time with the vision of a role over couch. The thing that is messing with me the most is the location of the outside shower. 

#108 wicked1

wicked1

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 February 2022 - 08:18 PM

That's a big mistake on their part...  Wonder if they built yours, but mixed up the shipment w/ someone else or something? 
You could definitely request they send you the correct one.  But the mistake is over $2k in your favor.  Think about the benefits of the dinette, and if the way it turns in to a bed works for you, if you need it.  If you don't like it, send it back.

What's different about the shower location?  I couldn't find that on my quick look at the FWC website.  The sink and other plumbing is in about the same area, it looks like....

I've got a flatbed fleet model, and spend a lot of time sitting at the table.  Laptop on the table, or playing board or card games w/ someone.  The flatbed is basically a rear dinette. 

About the title of this thread, my camper is probably the only expensive thing I've ever gotten, that I never had any buyers regret about.  It's had a few issues, but nothing that made me regret it. 

#109 jsduty

jsduty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc

Posted 22 February 2022 - 08:45 PM

Was told a box was not unchecked and by default will always order the front dinette.  The outside shower has moved from the center of the camper to the rear corner. I had plans for a drop-down shower tent and not sure if that location is going to work or not.

#110 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 22 February 2022 - 10:23 PM

I think you need to get in touch with Stan at FWC before the install.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users