Hi WTW, sorry to add another electrical topic. I'm getting a Hawk Shell soon which will have essentially nothing electrical apart from the truck system connected to the lights and an AC with nowhere to plug in. I plan to use a Honda 2000 Generator or Shore power often.
My intended electrical uses:
1. Portable fridge
2. Air conditioner
3. Small electronics charging
What it needs:
1. Battery with isolator or just a an isolating switch will be fine
2. 120V outlets
3. USB/12V outlets
4. Shore power/generator inlet
5. Location for above stuff, ex. driver side where this stuff connects or passenger side where AC is.
6. Battery charger
7. Fuses and other electronic things
I have founds some beautiful builds on the site, FWC, van builds, etc but it is beyond my knowledge base at this point. Where can I find out what to buy and how to build it? Want to build it right the first time with clean install and not burn it down. It is too expensive to half-way it and have extension cords and splitters floating around. Please help. There may be a ready made thread already but my search terms were wrong.