• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts
  • LocationRepublik of Kalifornia

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:52 AM

Wanted to share a deal RTIC is having right now. Pretty good prices on all tan roto coolers and also on soft coolers. I've got a 20 to hold drinks but haven't taken it out yet. I have a fridge as well and don't want to load it up with drinks so I have a separate cooler.

https://www.rticcool...ded/RTIC-20-Tan

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

2009 4x4 Tacoma Access Cab-The Gini

2013 Silver Spur Finch Shell- The Oxcart/Gini's Burden-

http://www.wanderthe...ory/#entry83606

#2 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:25 PM

Interesting - I wasn't familiar with this brand.  Thanks for the post.  Have to check them out.  Cheaper than the Yeti's I was admiring.  

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#3 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,593 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:34 PM

That looks like a great cooler, at a great price... Like Vic, I wasn't familiar with them either.

I am haunted by waters

#4 ACEBLACKDOG

ACEBLACKDOG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSOUTH LAKE TAHOE

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:45 PM

ARCTIC WHITE IS THE SAME PRICE

#5 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:29 PM

Oh they brought the white ones down in price? That will make people happy who weren't interested in the tan.

From what I know the original founders of Yeti parted ways and the one who didn't stay with the brand created RTIC. There are many other companies making roto coolers now and plenty of comparisons on YT. I'm glad to have my 20 at a price far less than the Yeti. I wanted seafoam green but RTIC may or may not make them in the future and the ones Yeti did make were for a limited time only and are really expensive on the secondary market. Tan won't get dirty in the desert where I camp most of the time. So far I'm very happy with my RTIC. I use it to keep my lunch cold from home to work. I put two frozen water bottles in and it works great. For camping I'm sure I'll use both, frozen water bottle and cubed ice.

Founder of D.E.R.P. Desert Exploration & Research Project. A camp proper is a nomads biding place. He may occupy it for a season or only for a single night, according as the site and its surroundings please or do not please the wanderers whim- Horace Kephart.

#6 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:32 AM

Looks like it is not IGBC approved (for bear proof containers) if that is an issue where you will be using it.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#7 ETAV8R

ETAV8R

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:33 AM

Sale is over.

It has lock holes so I'd be willing to bet it is bear proof even if it isn't "rated". Hopefully I won't need to find out.

#8 mitch h

mitch h

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Locationbrazil,in.

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:24 AM

Looked at lgloo coolers at sams today. Same roto cast like Yeti and Rtic. $100 22qt.  $200 55qt.  Only saw white ones. I like the tan ones.

Edited by mitch h, 12 November 2016 - 01:28 AM.

#9 Beach

Beach

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

Finally broke down and bought a RTIC cooler(45). Couldn't bring myself to spending $400 on a Yet but at $179 I had to pull the trigger. Ordered it yesterday morning 12-7, arrived a few minutes ago 12-8. I didn't realize they ship out of Houston, only 25 mi from here. Looks nice, heavily built, quality components, can be secured to keep animals out, don'tknow if it's bear proof though. Will be nice if it holds ice for a week(so they claim) during the summer here in Texas.

Edited by Beach, 08 December 2016 - 09:05 PM.

#10 hebegebe

hebegebe

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationLA and San Diego

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:31 PM

Where'd you buy from?

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users