#1 bmiracle

bmiracle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBend, OR

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

Hey

I got a 13' eagle, I regularly used the camper in the winter, so I get condensation on everything.  Recently the heater quit working for no apparent reason.  Replaced the AA battery in the white rogers thermostat, and the display shows that it is turning the heater on, but nothing happens.  I got plenty of battery power with 2 6v trojan GC batteries with 160w solar and have plenty of propane.  

I'm an electrical newbie, and was wondering the best way to go and diagnose the problem.  Do you think that condensation would affect the innards thermostat? If so any recommendations on a more durable thermostat?      

#2 longhorn1

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • LocationCarmel, Indiana

Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

There is a reset switch behind the inside vent. Check your manuel, try the re-set switch. Also it would not be out of the relm of forgetting to turn on the gas, or having an empty bottle. Not saying that is what happened, but knowing from first hand knowledge after having done stupid things on a regular basis. Also light your stove. Sometimes after having the tank filled and reconnected there is air in the line and lighting the stove will get the system running. jd

http://texaslonghorns01.blogspot.com/

Ford F-250 Long bed, 2014 Grandby

#3 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

Take another look at the thermostat battery. Look for correct polarity, any corrosion on the contacts, and ensure that it is fully inserted into the battery holder. Might try another battery also. I have had bad batteries out of the package.

Sometimes it is the little things.
Good luck.
Pail
I thought getting old would take longer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users