16 replies to this topic

#1 Dgw2

Dgw2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationSpokane Valley, Wa.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:55 AM

Read here I should leave my Arctic liner up, even in hot weather. Put it up today & no rings on liner to attach bungee cords to, to pull liner in when collapsing roof. How do you all do it?? Looking forward to a trip to Yellow Stone & down to Utah soon. So leaving it up full time would surly simplify the proses. Thank you in advance.

#2 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:58 AM

The existing D-rings on the vinyl windows go through small slits on the Arctic liner and then the bungees attach as they did before the liner was installed.

#3 Dgw2

Dgw2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:08 AM

Thank you Bill D, I'll try to locate those slits in the am. Thank you!!!

#4 DesertDave

DesertDave

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationDayton NV

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

I think most arctic liner owners leave it in place.  Insulation is nice in the warmer seasons, too.

2014 Grandby FD on a 2007 F350

#5 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,772 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:43 PM

I wrote this for ATC years ago and think it still applies

https://www.allterra...ColdWeatherPack

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#6 Dgw2

Dgw2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

pvstoy. Thank you for the info. So the artic liner windows open from the bottom? The opposite of the vinal sides. If so I put mine on upside down. Thank you. Learning all the time. Been doing it wrong for 3yrs now. Your article, very informative. Thank you again to all.

#7 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:49 PM

Actually, only on ATC's arctic pack do they open from the bottom. For FWC, they open from the top. So you have it installed correctly. Google Four Wheel Camper Arctic Pack and you will find a youtube video where Tom talks about the liner and arctic pack and demonstrates the windows in the arctic pack.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#8 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:30 PM

When I typed this up I had a 2002 FWC Ranger and the arctic pack opened from the bottom.  It had 2 Velcro tabs to attach the rolled up window.  Have not looked at the FWC 2015 Hawk to see of this has been changed.  (Hi Ted!)

Camper001.jpg

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#9 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 05:47 PM

Teds reference to Tom u-tube was correct.  It was published December 2011 and the windows opened from the top.  Where as my 2002 was from the bottom.  Since ATC is making similar from the early 2000 it would make sense that theirs would might still open from the bottom.

I also noted that in the December 2011 video that there was not the button holes made in the arctic pack for the bungees to attach but my 2015 Hawk does have them sewed into the pack.  Don't know what year FWC started sewing in the hole.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#10 Dgw2

Dgw2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

Mine is for a 2003 Eagle & has the sewn on Velcro tabs, so I guess it opens from the bottom. But no slots for the D rings to enter through
So guess I'll try, as recommended, & cut slits in it. This was purchased new with camper by original owner in 03, but never used till I purchased it in 2015. Does make a world of difference on cold nights & never thought of leaving it up full time till it was mentioned on this site. I use the camper a lot from April to November, 30 to 50 nights a yr. So this will save me a lot of hassle & time. Thank you all for your help & recommendations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users