• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bike4mee

bike4mee

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationDurango Colorado

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:38 PM

<p>I bet this topic has been around but, I want to get a better cooling system for the roof vent. Anybody had any luck with solar powered fan vents? Can you reverse them to blow in instead of out? I had a swamp cooler on a old camper I had. It worked alright. Does anybody still make these? Somebody must have a cooler idea</p>
<p>thanks</p>

#2 knoxswift

knoxswift

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAshburn, Virginia

Posted 12 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

Anyone have one of these:

https://zerobreeze.com/

#3 gaylon

gaylon

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationBoulder Creek

Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:25 PM

Leaving condenser cooling aside for a minute, the fans on my 2016 blow in or out and have three speed settings. Other than solar, what would you change?

2015 Hawk on a 2016 Tundra TRD Pro

#4 Andy Douglass

Andy Douglass

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:26 PM

I don't trust it. There's a reason AC units are placed outside of the area to be cooled, so the heat that the process produces is completely outside of the building. That thing says it comes with an exhaust pipe so you pipe the heat outside. So with that design, air from the room is being cooled and piped back into the room, and more air from the room is being exhausted out of the room to carry the heat away. Which means that the room is having air removed from it, which must be replaced from somewhere, most likely from outside, which is hot enough to make you want an AC going. I'm sure it might cool the room somewhat, but I can't see it being very effective or efficient.

#5 knoxswift

knoxswift

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:15 PM

I know the BOX A/C I use in my apartment is the exact design of this little unit.

The box A/C is the same has a hose to connect to the window and it cools the apartment well enough when needed. but no drain just a tub you have to empty.

I'm thinking that little unit might do "well enough" for a camper?

Also, my fan is like what gaylon states in and out flow with 3 speeds. However, in the desert at 114*....it doesn't help much at all even on highest setting.

What might work better is the dual fan setup (Which I don't have) where one of the fans is above the sleeping area and that might be helpful.

Edited by knoxswift, 12 July 2018 - 10:18 PM.

#6 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:25 PM

Thread about it here http://www.wanderthe...l=+zero +breeze

Sounds like save your money...

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#7 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,022 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:25 PM

https://www.facebook.../?ref=bookmarks

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#8 gaylon

gaylon

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • LocationBoulder Creek

Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:16 AM

I know the BOX A/C I use in my apartment is the exact design of this little unit.

The box A/C is the same has a hose to connect to the window and it cools the apartment well enough when needed. but no drain just a tub you have to empty.

I'm thinking that little unit might do "well enough" for a camper?

Also, my fan is like what gaylon states in and out flow with 3 speeds. However, in the desert at 114*....it doesn't help much at all even on highest setting.

What might work better is the dual fan setup (Which I don't have) where one of the fans is above the sleeping area and that might be helpful.

I am hopeful that opening the turnbuckle areas up (I just screened them) with the fan blowing in will create some needed circulation.

2015 Hawk on a 2016 Tundra TRD Pro

#9 knoxswift

knoxswift

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:22 AM

Well looks like that Zero Breeze is a zero.
That Facebook link reads as though the first units were worthless. They changed AC DC adapter for later shipments and then it was hit or miss if it actually worked.
Maybe check back in another year if they don't go out of business maybe it might improve.

That FB page was a Good Find!!

#10 knoxswift

knoxswift

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:31 AM

I am hopeful that opening the turnbuckle areas up (I just screened them) with the fan blowing in will create some needed circulation.

Let us know how it works out. I read about screening those too...might try it.
The 1 fan flows, if you have the little window open you can feel it circulating but desert camping I wish I had the fan right above the bed.
I can't add a 2nd now I installed a roof rack...doh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users