Photo
- - - - -

How best to search trip report forumn...Nevada ?

yahoo ? Google ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 12:39 AM

Hello All

What is the best way to search the WTW trip reports for Nevada ?

Happy Labor day!

David Graves

#2 Elken

Elken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSW Idaho

Posted 03 September 2018 - 01:25 AM

There is a search feature in the WTW header above.  Search for Nevada in the trip report forum and you should get a couple pages of search results. .

#3 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:36 AM

Many thanks

Have used that search function for several years....just looking for for more effective means.

David Graves 

#4 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,589 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:12 AM

You might try a google search like “wander the west: Nevada” it returns several hits. I’d also review Ski3Pin’s blog.

Jim Boone’s http://www.birdandhike.com is also a treasure trove of places in southern Nevada.

I am haunted by waters

#5 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:44 AM

Thanks Sage

#6 Old Crow

Old Crow

Searching....

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSouth Central PA

Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:38 PM

Google Search can limit it's searches to a single web site by including the search term "site:www.wanderthewest.com" as one of the search terms.  That just needs to be one of the search terms, it doesn't have to be the first or last of your search terms.  Just be sure not to put a space between the colon and site name--- it's all one string.

That also opens up searching to the more refined searches shown on this Google page.

I know this has come up before but I thought it worth mentioning in this thread specifically about searching.

Also-- if you happen to mess up the site name, the search will not tell you that... it will just tell you no results found.  That has occasionally bitten me when I left out or doubled up a period or character in the site name.

'

I do quite a lot of searching of WTW via Google, so I set up a Favorite in my Chrome browser that has  site:www.wanderthewest.com in it followed by a short character string I know won't be found on WTW.   When I hit the Favorite, the results of the search come back 'no results found' but that also puts the search terms in a new search window and I can easily just back over that character-string and put in the terms for my real search.

Good luck searching!

Edited by Old Crow, 03 September 2018 - 04:39 PM.

'01 FWC Hawk shell on a '13 Tundra Double-Cab  + '19 Ford Transit van with Quigley 4x4 option

#7 dakozicki

dakozicki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationReno Area

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

This was very helpful as I haven’t had much luck using the WTW search feature.
  • 2007.5 Chevrolet 2500HD Z71 crew cab with a 2" level kit and RideRite airbags
  • 2015 FWC Hawk with Silver Spur interior, front dinette, and a Batwing awning.
  • 2015 BMW R1200 GSA
  • Hobie ProAngler 14

#8 BillTheHiker

BillTheHiker

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:29 PM

To expand on what Old Crow said, you can even make the Google search specific to trip reports:

nevada site:http://www.wanderthe...6-trip-reports/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users