#11 Nailhead

Nailhead

basset hound

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

https://nanaimo.crai...6763884289.html

I'd ask for more pics and find out if the interior cabinetry is the early solid wood or the particle-board that should probably be avoided that was used in some years. Check the corners/roof vent paneling for softness or visible staining and avoid that unless you want a "project".

Yes, its up near Seattle, but I was ready for a trip from Albuquerque (not much rain so not much chance of rotten wood) to LA to Seattle for the right one...I got lucky and drove about 70 miles to pickup mine!

This summer, there was a 10' CO for sale 8 miles up the road.  Good condition, good price.  I should have bought it (my RV truck project is a cab/chassis right now, so I can mount an 8' or 10') for convenience sake alone.  The clarity of hindsight.

That one in Nanaimo seems to be well priced for what it is-- and I like that layout-- but it is simply too far away for a truck that gets 12-13 MPG highway.  Thank you very much for the heads-up, though.  Wish it was closer.

#12 PackRat

PackRat

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationNovato, CA

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:20 PM

Vic...the 1976 I have does NOT have particle board in it. Solid wooden cabinetry all the way! Well, at least its solid plywood! If you are a cold climate camper, I think the hard-sided campers stay warmer than the soft-sided ones....but then you get into heating them and that's another can of worms! Probably the most important thing is ROOMINESS in there and how much stuff you can carry as the Alaskans are not a light unit....probably best suited to the F-250 3/4 ton trucks.

Guys do love their soft-sided units so if your needs are tailored to hoisting the top and the space in there works for you, you can certainly keep them in mind!

1988 Ford F-250 HD Lariat 4x4 8 Ft. bed

1976 Alaskan 8 Ft. CO camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users