1 reply to this topic

#1 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:04 PM

These are some of the longest lasting and most efficient fridges on the market today..
No affiliation...

https://www.engelcoo...ge-freezer.html

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#2 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:34 PM

I totally agree with smlobx about Engel fridges. They have an outstanding reputation and this sale certainly brings the price down to a manageable sum for most.....

However, for those of us who might need to be a little more thrifty I would like to mention that Truckfridge (IndelB) makes a dynamite fridge for a great price. I have the TB41 and have used it several times and like it a bunch.

AWARDED BEST VALUE BY OVERLAND JOURNAL IN 2017! (Read The Full Report)

The Indel B Travel Box line combines the best electronic technology with the most efficient portable compressor--Danfoss DB35F--within a very well insulated enclosure to create the best value in portable refrigeration on the market today. The Travel Box line offers an energy saving (ECO) function to extend battery life, a turbo (MAX) function to cool things as fast as possible when power is available, multi-function electronic thermostat that allows simple and economic management of the fridge, 12/24V DC or 115/230V AC power capability with automatic switching between voltages, and a 3 -level voltage protection system to protect against draining your battery. All of these high end features are standard on the entire line.

All Indel B Fridges purchased directly from Equipt come with a (1) year warranty.

The Travel Box Tests With The Best

Overall Score Comparison By Overland Journal (Higher is Better)

1. National Luna, 24 points
  2. Engel, 20 points
  3. Indel B, 19 points
  4. ARB, 15 points
  5. Whynter, 12 points

Engel did score higher than Truckfridge which does not surprise me at all. What surprised me was how close Truckfridge was to them....

You will love either one and probably the Engel a little more. I would not mind having one but the few hundred I saved buys lotsa beer....I mean hamburger..... :)

YMMV

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users