35 replies to this topic

#31 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationVentura, California

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:51 AM

I used to do work with ONDA out of Bend Oregon. We spent a lot of time at Steens and Hart Mountain pulling out old fences to save the running Pronghorns from getting hung up. Very nice country up there. I have not explored nearby Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge but I hear it is wonderful as well.

From Baja to the Arctic and all places between!

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

#32 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:06 PM

I used to do work with ONDA out of Bend Oregon. We spent a lot of time at Steens and Hart Mountain pulling out old fences to save the running Pronghorns from getting hung up. Very nice country up there. I have not explored nearby Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge but I hear it is wonderful as well.

Yeah I remember when they were pulling out fence out there - that's cool that you participated Gene. I hope to spend some time in Sheldon NWR this year.

#33 shralp

shralp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:14 PM

I'm curious on the condition of the Steens Mtn loop road? I've wanted to explore that area but am wondering if my '03 Subaru Outback has enough clearance for the road. Thanks for the insight.

#34 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationVentura, California

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

Shralp, try this link for areas to explore in the Pacific North West: http://www.pnwadvent...forum/forum.php

From Baja to the Arctic and all places between!

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

#35 shralp

shralp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

Thanks Gene! That site looks like just what I am looking for.

#36 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:37 PM

I'm curious on the condition of the Steens Mtn loop road? I've wanted to explore that area but am wondering if my '03 Subaru Outback has enough clearance for the road. Thanks for the insight.

It's probably not open yet due to snow but when it is open it is suitable for passenger cars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users